Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I flew to Philadelphia the other week, aiming to get a connecting flight to Orlando. The first flight was delayed, but they held back the second flight for half an hour to allow us all to board. There's obviously a critical mass of customers at which point it becomes more hassle to arrange other connections than just to hold the second flight.

Yeah I expect it to be a numbers game and if there's enough to justify it then they will, there were at least 3 others behind me at the transfer desk ho were about to give them a problem, 1 to Berlin and 2 to Vietnam 

not sure what the crack is hen I get back but I've paid £700 for this trip and I'm expecting to recover the majority of that when my claim goes in 

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I was flying through Atlanta on Sunday. Before boarding it was announced we'd be arriving 15 mins late which only gave me 40 minutes to make my connection. I explained this at the gate to make sure they were aware. They said it wouldn't be a problem, but when we landed they asked everyone to let anyone with connections less than 45 minutes to get off first.

Atlanta is so big I still only made it as they made the final call (five stops on the underground tram).

Worlds busiest airport (depending on whose stats you use )  ,it can be a nightmare to get around it as you just found out :)

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Worlds busiest airport (depending on whose stats you use )  ,it can be a nightmare to get around it as you just found out :)

More than Heathrow? I'd have thought Newark and Schipol would be in with a shout, too. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

More than Heathrow? I'd have thought Newark and Schipol would be in with a shout, too. 

It's Delta's main hub in America so it's churning through 100m + passengers  ,

some sites have Dubai as number 1  but it might be they are talking international passengers

from memory on your Brain of Britain quiz they went with Dubai  , which is the one I'd have gone with ....

Google will give you about 4 different answers , one even has Beijing at the top

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Update...

Landed in dusseldorf they'd booked me a place on a bullet train to Frankfurt airport and a flight out of there tonight

Dusseldorf airport couldn't find my case so I missed the train :lol:

Now got a 7.30 flight to Munich, Hotel, flight first thing tomorrow so land 25 hours late

Shame I'll have no time for anything in Munich (and I went there at new year)

couldn't you have gone without your suitcase  ? I've done it a few times when mine has been lost and they deliver it to your hotel the next morning / afternoon depending on the flight connections

When it happened with American Airlines I even got a clothing allowance from them ( they offered it , I didn't ask)

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

China [/pedant]  Japanese trains are lovely.

And what a bunch of bastards on your train!

Happens in Japan as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We went to Washington via Schipol, it was a bit of a trek across the airport and we just about made the flight but our luggage didn't.  I've discovered that spending a little more to go direct is worth the money, as is packing a spare pair of boxers (though I generally did that anyway as i was on a flight where an old man pooed himself once and it was horrid), socks and t shirt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Call centre options

press 1 for blah

press 2 for blah blah

and press 3 for blah de blah

then they ask you what you want , Because its the same bloody woman on the end of all them any way

Different queues. 

For example, a password reset is easy so you put new joiners on password reset queue to start and they can learn. 

Also stats, how many calls into the desk for password reset, how many for previous call chase etc

9 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Call centre options

press 1 for blah

press 2 for blah blah

and press 3 for blah de blah

then they ask you what you want , Because its the same bloody woman on the end of all them any way

First direct bank. Straight through to a person and voice recognition so only postcode and password needed.

Brilliant service. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

First direct bank. Straight through to a person and voice recognition so only postcode and password needed.

Brilliant service. 

Who would think they are part of HSBC!

Finally on my way to cuba :D

One last moan though...sent to munich in my cuba holiday clothes, stood at the bus stop this morning -14 and "feels like -21" ive got boat shoes and no socks on! No coat, its proper **** freezing cold, few germans starting talking to me and laughing about it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One last moan though...sent to munich in my cuba holiday clothes, stood at the bus stop this morning -14 and "feels like -21" ive got boat shoes and no socks on! No coat, its proper **** freezing cold, few germans starting talking to me and laughing about it

Happened to me this weekend too. Flew back from Gran Canaria to Krakow, couldn't get back to Lodz that night. Stayed over and had a night out in boats, no socks and nothing warm other than my coat :D

roughly same temp too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No sympathy in this case. ;)

• Like 1

Â