Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

49 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

At the risk of being mildly ridiculed on here, I want to moan about dating sites.....in particular women who put up plenty of photos on their profile but 75% of them are of their pets, favourite holiday destinations or inspirational sayings. I want to see what SHE looks like not her cockapoodle mutt !

Also, photos of them wearing their wedding rings or celebrating a milestone birthday that was obviously years ago judging by their current age !

Yes, you ARE right; I've hit a dry run recently, so to speak ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Haha ! Your support is heartwarming bro !

I'm no Tom Hardy but i cant lie - I'm getting a lot of women messaging me who look like they've just got out of prison or off a building site....and before i get shot down by the feminists amongst y'all, first impressions DO count no matter how much we try to deny it :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

At the risk of being mildly ridiculed on here, I want to moan about dating sites.....in particular women who put up plenty of photos on their profile but 75% of them are of their pets, favourite holiday destinations or inspirational sayings. I want to see what SHE looks like not her cockapoodle mutt !

Also, photos of them wearing their wedding rings or celebrating a milestone birthday that was obviously years ago judging by their current age !

Yes, you ARE right; I've hit a dry run recently, so to speak ;)

Seriously though, it is a minefield out there. 

How many dates have you been on recently? 

Just now, Xela said:

Seriously though, it is a minefield out there. 

How many dates have you been on recently? 

It's feast or famine for me and clunge mate. Ironic that i have a lady lined up and THAT'S the very time other women suddenly realise I'm Mr Loverman and bombard me !

• Haha 1

Just now, mottaloo said:

Haha ! Your support is heartwarming bro !

I'm no Tom Hardy but i cant lie - I'm getting a lot of women messaging me who look like they've just got out of prison or off a building site....and before i get shot down by the feminists amongst y'all, first impressions DO count no matter how much we try to deny it :D

Just need to weed out the self entitled ones. There are a large swathe of women out there whose demands far outweigh their current value. So many red flags to look out for. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Just need to weed out the self entitled ones. There are a large swathe of women out there whose demands far outweigh their current value. So many red flags to look out for. 

Deffo. I mean most of us would like say, a younger model or a glamourpuss but honestly some of the profiles I've seen of women on their late 40s who honestly believe they can bag a lad 15+ years younger than themselves or are high maintenance princesses is amazing 

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Just had a call to say another one of my mates has died this morning due to cancer. 46 years old (same as me).

**** that **** disease.

Damn :(

Condolences mate. 

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Just had a call to say another one of my mates has died this morning due to cancer. 46 years old (same as me).

**** that **** disease.

Going through a spate of similar news too... lost one in January and two imminent (8 weeks to 3 months at best)

sad times and makes you sit up and take stock of what we hold dear.

I’ve got a relatively new Portuguese member of staff. She thought we couldn’t accept Scottish money, she checked with me and I told her it was fine, but in the meantime the boy went back to family. Up comes an aggressive Scotsman accusing us both of being racist.

Criticise the training by all means, and i’m sure it might get annoying as it probably badly happens a lot but racist?! If it was company policy to not accept it, he might have a point but to aggressively accuse someone not from Britain who made a mistake (wasn’t actually aware), of racism was out of order as far as i’m concerned

I’m pissed off again just writing it down. I feel like shouting out a load of words which certainly could be construed as racist.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I’ve got a relatively new Portuguese member of staff. She thought we couldn’t accept Scottish money, she checked with me and I told her it was fine, but in the meantime the boy went back to family. Up comes an aggressive Scotsman accusing us both of being racist.

Criticise the training by all means, and i’m sure it might get annoying as it probably badly happens a lot but racist?! If it was company policy to not accept it, he might have a point but to aggressively accuse someone not from Britain who made a mistake (wasn’t actually aware), of racism was out of order as far as i’m concerned

I’m pissed off again just writing it down. I feel like shouting out a load of words which certainly could be construed as racist.

Its annoyed me as well! You should have told him that technically Scottish money isn't legal tender in England are you are doing him a favour by accepting it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

From a Which article:

Your view on banknotes

Some of you shared your experiences on our Facebook page, highlighting the confusion about spending these notes. Eric told us:

‘I tried to pay for something with a Bank of Scotland £20 note in Sainsbury’s, Nottingham and was asked what type of food voucher it was.’

:D

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Dick said:

My lock (front door) broke, luckily I have a replacement - but realised I needed some bigger screws, which I didn’t have. Called the local hardware store. No answer - which is fine - must be closed (Google doesn’t have opening hours). Two minutes ago get a call from that number and the man berates me for calling on a Sunday.

I told him to put his **** opening hours on google. What a prick. 

I'd have told him to get two phone lines the cheapskate

• Haha 1

I am going to try and articulate this as best I can and hopefully at the end the racists won't claim me as one of their own. Some advertising posters popped up in the UK swapping the white leads for black actors, created by legallyblack. Now I have seen over the past few years the outcry associated with white actors playing black or asian characters. White washing is the term. The point of the posters is that a black actor could play those roles, with this I firmly agree, however, this is black washing. The faux outrage is levelled at the film makers and not at the source material, their outrage should be at JK Rowling, at Ian Fleming, Helen Fielding, they are the creators of the white characters. 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I doubt that any point in the books it says that Harry Potter is white. 

220px-Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosophers_

Hermione potentially could be white, black, mixed race or asian as it isn't specified, indeed, a black actress was cast in The Cursed Child. Ron was described in the books and Harry has appeared on the cover many many times.

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

220px-Harry_Potter_and_the_Philosophers_

Hermione potentially could be white, black, mixed race or asian as it isn't specified, indeed, a black actress was cast in The Cursed Child. Ron was described in the books and Harry has appeared on the cover many many times.

I knew somebody would say that. But tbe covers are the responsibility of the publishers, not the author. 

Ron Weasley, I grant you, is undeniably a ginger. 

Â