Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who phone me / email me at work for advice in my area of expertise, don't like the answer because it'll mean more grief for them, so they then email the boss asking him all the same questions.

Thankfully, the boss and I are pretty much on the same wavelength 90% of the time

He agreed with me

Oh and the same person emailed me over 4 other issues before that, all questions relating to a course we were both on the day before.

So tempted to send a completely unprofessional email along the lines of... do you know how much money we wasted sending you on that course yesterday

On 2/27/2018 at 10:33, tonyh29 said:

It's Delta's main hub in America so it's churning through 100m + passengers  ,

some sites have Dubai as number 1  but it might be they are talking international passengers

from memory on your Brain of Britain quiz they went with Dubai  , which is the one I'd have gone with ....

Google will give you about 4 different answers , one even has Beijing at the top

In addition to being Delta's hub (for the time being anyway see: NRA) it's also where every piece of Fed-Ex mail on the east coast goes.
Fed-ex's model is, collect all the mail and packages and fly it all to one central location. Sort it there and fly it out for delivery the next day. It was proposed by a student in a business class at Yale. Supposedly he got a C for the paper but it became the model for the company!

Fed-ex basically flys in and out of Atlanta all night which gives the airport a crazy amount of airplanes landing and taking off in 24 hours.

On 2/27/2018 at 08:26, limpid said:

I was flying through Atlanta on Sunday. 

I was too! I would have waved if I'd known :cheers:

If anyone is at Atlanta airport with time to kill you should eat at "One Flew South" in Terminal E. It's consistently voted the best airport restaurant in the world.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I was too! I would have waved if I'd known :cheers:

If anyone is at Atlanta airport with time to kill you should eat at "One Flew South" in Terminal E. It's consistently voted the best airport restaurant in the world.

Does it have any competition? :) I've never heard of a airport restaurant.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Nah, Hard Rock Cafe at Singapore is the best! :D

10 hours ago, limpid said:

Does it have any competition? :) I've never heard of a airport restaurant.

This is the USA, where Macdonalds is described as a restaurant. 

• Like 1

Check out these office-gym-finance-positivity bros!:

WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK HERE?

PLEDGE

Every employee who joins takes a pledge to celebrate the health conscious while they work here and for the rest of their life.

GYM AS FLOOR PLAN

We don't have a pool table. Instead we have a gym in the middle of our office. Not in a side room, not in a corner, it is right in the middle of the entire office.

Our conference room is made up of 4 treadmill desks that face each other so you can do a walking meeting while seeing a presentation, rain or shine.

NO SUGAR

We don't have sugar, candy bars, soda (diet or otherwise) in our office. If you bring some it will get thrown away.

COHESIVE HUDDLE

We do a daily standup where we don't discuss why something is late. Instead we each spend 10 seconds on what we actually shipped today. Again, we believe you can get more from people from focusing on those who take responsibility than those who don't.

FEATS OF STRENGTH

We end most standups with a feats of strengths competition. Our current record wall sit time is 5 minutes.

WORK HARD, PLAY HARD

We work a lot of hours since this is a startup. However, we all leave at 5pm/6pm so we can go to the gym, eat dinner at a healthy hour, and see our kids before they goto sleep. After 8pm/9pm we get back on the computer and do conference calls if needed.

ON TOP OF OUR GAME

We share health articles and health stats and think it is fun not annoying.

Our monthly company outings are always new exercises we haven't all tried before. Recent activities include: Zumba, Bubble Soccer, Crossfit, Bikram Yoga, Rock Climbing, etc.

WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?

Three qualities embodied by every member of our team:

HEALTH CONSCIOUSNESS

A personal or family health story that tells us that you really care about this mission. If you read the current team's bios you will see that each of us has been touched by a personal or family health challenge. Most of us used this challenge to change our health destiny and improve our health. We look for that same level of mission alignment in candidates we meet.

SUCCESS

A track record of success. We believe winners have always won. All candidates will be asked to submit a 'brag sheet' as part of our interview process. This is a listing of every accomplishment you've ever had. If you won the spelling bee in the 2nd grade we want to know about it, etc. We will look at your brag sheet even more than your resume. We believe too many people have only had success by association. Their resumes say they went to Stanford, worked at Google, Uber, etc but it is unclear what they really contributed or accomplished at these places. We want the people who have success by action not just association.

OPTIMISM

There is little need for a devil's advocates at a startup. The whole rest of the world is fighting against you. The inside of a startup should be a bastion of hope and optimism. If you are kind of a curmudgeon this is probably not the place for you.

https://www.healthiq.com/careers

• Like 4

A lot of people I know or know of have passed away way before their time because of alcohol.

Every time this happens everyone is upset and talks about what a tragedy it is and how alcohol ruins lives etc. Then those same people are getting pissed up and sending pint pictures every weekend on whatsapp as if it's sometime to be proud of. 

We've all done it (including me). But it just donesnt make sense. 

Being sober for over a month is really starting to changing my view of alcohol.  

• Like 1

Ahh, the Mail. A nazi sympathising rag of a paper, trying to get the moral high ground on Max Moseley.

Creepy little shitty nazi scumbag of a paper for paedos and racists and racist paedos.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Creepy little shitty nazi scumbag of a paper for paedos and racists and racist paedos.

I think I just come under the second one, which is pretty good compared to the other two. 

• Like 1

Â