Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I think what we can agree on that its better not to sign poor players at all. 

Kwan pretty much summed it up for me. No manager will have a 100% success rate, but at least Lambert's failures (and to be fair I think it's too early to write Bennett off) aren't expensive ones.

Besides, compared to a lot of managers (and certainly recent Villa managers) Lambert has a very good success rate with signings, so why the lack of trust?

• Like 1

then again its hard to call somebody a failure after 1 season at a club especially when jumping a division or moving leagues. Unless sold I think next season is when Vlaar, KEA and Bennett can be properly judged

You'll never walk alone. Great! Luna joined us thinking we were based in Liverpool!

To be fair, it's probably just someone like his sister or whoever decorated the cake who's a bit confused.

I don't think there's any need for this cake to cause a Houllier type "incident".

Edited by NormandyVillan
  • Like 1

You'll never walk alone. Great! Luna joined us thinking we were based in Liverpool!

i think it's more to do with Spanish folk associating the song with football and friendship in general.  When Fernando Torres was at At. Madrid those words were stitched into his boots.  Liverpool fans thought this meant he was a Liverpool fan when he signed for them but he explained later that this wasn't the case,  it was just a general expression of gratitude and camaraderie to his friends in Madrid.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone spots the photo and tries to spin some mischief/fun at Villa's expense from it, mind you.  Expect a Bloser to see it and re-tweet it with the aim of unsettling Luna and Villa!

Edited by Macca1888

Villa fans use to sing YNWA regularly throughout the 70s.

I had no idea of this, what was the significance? (genuine question)

I think fans at all clubs used to sing it in those days.

It was like a tribal display of unity and loyalty to the team. At some point in the match (usually in the second half) everyone on the terraces would hold up their scarves to create a sea of the club’s colours and sing You’ll Never Walk Alone.

That might seem odd to people now. The song seems to have been “copyrighted” by Liverpool and comes across as a bit “maudlin” when they sing it before their matches at Anfield. But it didn’t have the same feeling to it in the seventies.

Â