Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Just now, Keyblade said:

His successors Richardson and Cissokho for starters.

Add Bennett and Shorey and that’s 4 players in his own position alone that are all worse, and most of whom cost more than him!

• Like 1

Was at the Emirates that day. Thought we'd signed a cult hero in the making as he finished superbly and was pretty solid at LB in a really good team performance.

As with anything while Lambert was here the good stuff didn't last long. Can remember Ben Arfa destroying him a few weeks later v Newcastle and he was rubbish after that.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was at the Emirates that day. Thought we'd signed a cult hero in the making as he finished superbly and was pretty solid at LB in a really good team performance.

As with anything while Lambert was here the good stuff didn't last long. Can remember Ben Arfa destroying him a few weeks later v Newcastle and he was rubbish after that.

Apart from Benteke the regression of the whole team was baffling under Lambert. Even when we got Bertrand in he went from being great to looking clueless in about 8 games

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Apart from Benteke the regression of the whole team was baffling under Lambert. Even when we got Bertrand in he went from being great to looking clueless in about 8 games

luckily he never trusted Jack as he probably would have ruined his career

15 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Bennett is the worst player I've ever seen in a villa shirt. 

He wasn't a completely terrible player, just not good enough for the PL. We bought him from a Championship club, played him in the PL, he got destroyed every week and his confidence plummeted. He's had a solid but unremarkable career with Cardiff since then.

We took a punt, had no other options so had to play him even though he was out of his depth. He was no Jordan Bowery though! 

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He wasn't a completely terrible player, just not good enough for the PL. We bought him from a Championship club, played him in the PL, he got destroyed every week and his confidence plummeted. He's had a solid but unremarkable career with Cardiff since then.

We took a punt, had no other options so had to play him even though he was out of his depth. He was no Jordan Bowery though! 

Think at the time we wouldn't pay for Cresswell 🙄

Edited by Zatman

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I remember the Chelsea game and though he would get torn a new one but actually played quite well which I think surprised Chelsea as well as i think they'd planned to have joy down that side.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2021 at 21:25, Rob182 said:

Add Bennett and Shorey and that’s 4 players in his own position alone that are all worse, and most of whom cost more than him!

No chance. Bennett had decent technique just an absolute wet wipe. Short again decent technique but couldn't run and was winding down his career with a pay day. Cissokho was a unit, powerhouse not the best on the ball but knew the position.

Luna just had nothing. I've never seen a left back shouted at so much in my life. Technique. No. Physique. No. Football brain. Noooooooo

Â