Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

And Giovani Dos Santos means Johnny Two Saints :)

I'd have given him a lot more leeway if I'd ever twigged that translation :D

When do you think PL will start playing actual first XI's, hopefully Luna is part of that. 

I suppose he can only go off the performances in pre-season matches and training as to whom he selects, which would mean Luna is ahead of Bennett as things stand at the minute I would think?

I'd imagine they've played equally so far. It's only players that have been injured that have been omitted from the friendly squads so far (not counting Benteke/ Given/ Ireland etc)

I think we'll see Lambert's preferred 11 against Malaga, but it'll be chopped and changed up until that point.

I think the back 5 will be Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore & Luna. Weimann, Gabby and Westwood will be amongst the front 6, but the other 3... who knows!?

I think there's a few contenders for Cult status :P JAAAAWRUS springs to mind.

Do you think Lambert will by Crewe be starting actual first teams with the setup he plans to go with for the start of the season. 

I'd imagine they've played equally so far. It's only players that have been injured that have been omitted from the friendly squads so far (not counting Benteke/ Given/ Ireland etc)

I think we'll see Lambert's preferred 11 against Malaga, but it'll be chopped and changed up until that point.

I think the back 5 will be Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore & Luna. Weimann, Gabby and Westwood will be amongst the front 6, but the other 3... who knows!?

Not sure about Weimann has cemented his place .. Think he might lose it to Tonev .. Or atleast rotate them ..

I agree with you that we'll see Lambert preferred 11 .. Might as get few subs up front or in the midfield ..

Do you think Lambert will by Crewe be starting actual first teams with the setup he plans to go with for the start of the season. 

I'm not sure how pre-seasons go actually .. the only one I saw was against Braga . N'Zogbia first game .. when he scored ..

I'm not sure how pre-seasons go actually .. the only one I saw was against Braga . N'Zogbia first game .. when he scored ..

Well last season I remember we played those American teams and we did the first half XI and the second half XI, but I don't know when we started to play actual starting XI's! 

I haven't had a shave for about 10 days.

And I'm a hairy bastard.

Which means for my work football match today I'm sporting a pretty thick beard of Luna proportions (I wish!), and playing in defence.

So I shall dedicate my performance to Antonio, and use the quality of my performance as a direct prediction to how well Luna will do for us.

Viva la Beard

Edited by Stevo985

I'm a little concerned that someone whose avatar implies she/he is Mrs. BOF is sporting a thick beard.   Or maybe more accurately, I'm worried for BOF...

It's complicated. To cut a long story short it's my beard, I'm loaning it her for the weekend.  

I haven't had a shave for about 10 days.

And I'm a hairy bastard.

Which means for my work football match today I'm sporting a pretty thick beard of Luna proportions (I wish!), and playing in defence.

So I shall dedicate my performance to Antonio, and use the quality of my performance as a direct prediction to how well Luna will do for us.

Viva la Beard

I scored an own goal and gave away a penalty and we lost 3-2.

Awkward.

Â