Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Signed. 3 year deal.

There all signing on 3 year deals! Means if they play well they will all want a pay rise after a year.

Perhaps they've all signed with options for us to take a 4th year for a % increase overall on their wages after year 1 has ended

Eg, player signs on £15,000 per week, impresses first season, we tack on an additional year and his wages go up 25% to £20,000 per week

Splitting hairs but a rise from 15k to 20k would be a 33% increase not 25%. (pedant)

Anyhow...welcome Antonio! I hope he develops a playing reputation to match quality of the beard.

Welcome Luna. I like your beard and tats.

Logged onto AVTV to watch his interview and I've been cut off again. Bah! They did this last year, the few months you really want to watch the videos on there and they stop the free subscription to season ticket holders.

But if that's my biggest complaint about Villa this year, then I...can't...complain...

EDIT: I was putting in the wrong password :blush:

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 4

Logged onto AVTV to watch his interview and I've been cut off again. Bah! They did this last year, the few months you really want to watch the videos on there and they stop the free subscription to season ticket holders.

But if that's my biggest complaint about Villa this year, then I...can't...complain...

Does he speak English?

Does he speak English?

Cause he does he's Spanish not English,Probably speaks French,Portuguese and Italian too.

Does he speak English?
Not in the interview, he has a translator. He might have a basic grasp though.

Yeah just saw him on SSN, says hopefully if he plays well he will get a call from the national side but all he's focused on is us succeeding.

My mate just called me who supports United who must've saw it too and he said hes really excited to see us play and thinks we will be right up there. Nice to get some recognition from other people now rather than being mocked.

Yeah just saw him on SSN, says hopefully if he plays well he will get a call from the national side but all he's focused on is us succeeding.

My mate just called me who supports United who must've saw it too and he said hes really excited to see us play and thinks we will be right up there. Nice to get some recognition from other people now rather than being mocked.

So signing Okore, Luna, Tonev, Bacuna and Helenius has automatically taken us from relegation fodder to "right up there"? Can I ask why? I mean, I love us signing all these young players, but I do not for one second think they will do us any wonders the first year. Lambert is all about developing year by year, doing it cheap and with players nobody has ever heard of, but to think they will all make an impact is a longshort to say the least. This is the Premier League, it's filled with solid teams and great players, it takes a whole lot to move up the table.

So signing Okore, Luna, Tonev, Bacuna and Helenius has automatically taken us from relegation fodder to "right up there"? Can I ask why? I mean, I love us signing all these young players, but I do not for one second think they will do us any wonders the first year. Lambert is all about developing year by year, doing it cheap and with players nobody has ever heard of, but to think they will all make an impact is a longshort to say the least. This is the Premier League, it's filled with solid teams and great players, it takes a whole lot to move up the table.

His friend said that, so you'll have to ask him  :ph34r:

EDIT: In addition to that, if you honestly think we're the same team that started last season with some 'cheap players nobody has heard of' then I feel that's an incredibly naive viewpoint to hold. The team that finished last season was a mid table side. We've built on that with transfers, so I can see why people would think we could push on next season.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

His friend said that, so you'll have to ask him :ph34r:

EDIT: In addition to that, if you honestly think we're the same team that started last season with some 'cheap players nobody has heard of' then I feel that's an incredibly naive viewpoint to hold. The team that finished last season was a mid table side. We've built on that with transfers, so I can see why people would think we could push on next season.

Well I don't think he meant we would be winning the league by any account, my idea of being right up there from our current position would be top half pushing for top 8 which I think would be great.

Â