Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Footballs slowly dying anyways. City are going to be winning titles for the next 5-10 years now they have haaland. Once newcastle start becoming good and spending 200m a season it will be them.

Its shit and im not loving the game anymore. I actually am glad seasons finishing so i can do other things witb my life for the next 3 months

If it wasn’t City or Newcastle it would have been United, Liverpool and Arsenal year after year. 

Until Chelsea and city got billionaire owners only 3 teams had won the premier league and one of them is no longer in the league. Yes it’s shit now with city winning everything but let’s not pretend it was better before.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it wasn’t City or Newcastle it would have been United, Liverpool and Arsenal year after year. 

Until Chelsea and city got billionaire owners only 3 teams had won the premier league and one of them is no longer in the league. Yes it’s shit now with city winning everything but let’s not pretend it was better before.

City have won 4 of the last 5 years though. We havent seen dominance like that since the fergie years.

• Like 1

Money is of course no guarantee of success and it will be interesting if they sustain this form. We’ve seen teams struggle thereafter. Nothing is certain. The league is becoming more and more segmented in terms of the ceilings to brake. Even with they resources they might still struggle to crack it. 

Browsing Twitter, majority of comments are let them offer massive wages for players we wanted to get us out of relegation, we'll go for better players bla bla bla.  I'm thinking you guys are technically in the same boat as us, will have to offer massive wages to get decent players.  They really don't like us those Barcodes.  Did that stem from us relegating them when their hero was manager of them?

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Annoyingly sensible so far.

Still hoping they will lose it and spend a fortune bringing in Neymar or Gareth Bale but looks unlikely sadly.

It's fine. Once they are bored of Eddie it'll be a king Kev, King Kenny and Wor Alan Shearer super management team, with AI holographic Jackie Milburn and Wor Malcolm as board advisors.

Incidentally, regards Boris's shady backing the takeover. Wonder-fan Tony c*****g Blair is an advisor to the middle-east and a good friend of the despots... I mean sovereign state.

Edited by stewiek2

On 23/05/2022 at 17:28, Tom13 said:

Real Madrid are after Guimaraes (likely to make a move after the World Cup).

No surprise.

Newcastle can of course turn down any offer they receive. It'll be about if he kicks off wanting to leave.

Very worried about Newcastle's buys this summer.

Good test for the Gerrard pull I keep hearing about.

Hopefully they go all in for Calvert Lewin.

Think that will be the first striker flop of the Saudi era much like Man. City had a few early on with Santa Cruz, Jo and Benjani.

Would rather stick with Calum Wilson if I was in their shoes as he obviously fits Eddie Howe's style well.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No surprise.

Newcastle can of course turn down any offer they receive. It'll be about if he kicks off wanting to leave.

Very worried about Newcastle's buys this summer.

Good test for the Gerrard pull I keep hearing about.

Why worry about something that hasn’t happened yet

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why worry about something that hasn’t happened yet

Common theme lately. 

• Haha 1

Â