Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

It's amazing that we'll potentially get games like Newcastle v Leeds or Villa v Forest in the Championship, and Bournemouth v Burnley or Watford v Brighton in the Prem next season.

I know how very lame is the premier league going to be next season. Bring back the likes of Forest and Sheffield Wednesday along with us next season in place of Boro, Hull and Norwich (I like Bournmouth)

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ashley is also taking massive hit on sports direct i think newcastle are in big trouble if they go down.

I thought he was making a ton of money from sports direct and he's just operating newcastle at break even now after having wasted a fortune wiping off their debt.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I thought he was making a ton of money from sports direct and he's just operating newcastle at break even now after having wasted a fortune wiping off their debt.

Sports direct aren't losing money, just making less profit, still likely to make £380million profit this year

That's still a lot of money for a business that essentially deals in 5 pairs of donnay socks for fifty pee and everlast t shirts for a quid

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Which will surely get mostly pulled apart? 

Mitrovic will stay and score a shed load down there I reckon.

But as others have said there's still 2 other promotion spots in play.

Anyone got an idea what Sunderland's financial position will be if they go down...I imagine it won't be pretty and no chance they could raise 30-40m with their squad.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know how very lame is the premier league going to be next season. Bring back the likes of Forest and Sheffield Wednesday along with us next season in place of Boro, Hull and Norwich (I like Bournmouth)

Bring back? all them clubs got themselves into this shit and dont deserve to be just brought back

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Going down with the Villa. Dowwwwn with the Villa!

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I really hope we will be singing that when we play them. 

Sorry to say, and a wee bit depressed, but I hope this time next year we aren't about to slip a little further.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bring back? all them clubs got themselves into this shit and dont deserve to be just brought back

Would rather play nottingham forest and sheffield wednesday than the likes of boro or hull in my opinion

So we deserve to be down because lerners a fool and doesnt know how to run the club then?

Edited by Demitri_C

No one deserves anything in football.  You are where you are.  I hate the notion that any club SHOULD be in any league, change is good.

Obviously I'd prefer us to do as well as possible but I wouldn't cry if Forest fell through the divisions just because they had an incredibly successful 4 year period once.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rafa was a terrible choice, said it at the time and they havent even improved a bit

I agree, he's just not the right kind of person for this job.

Fair play to the owners though throwing effort and money at the situation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

I hope that they're pretty much down by the time we play them. They may be horrendous but surely they'll get the job done at VP

it will be probably one of the worst games in football history

• Like 1

Â