Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Not brilliant just better than what McLaren is getting out of them!

Just look at their back 4 though....they're at a crucial part of the season and still playing woeful players like Dummett and Steven Taylor. Lascelles looks poor at this level aswell.

I can't take them seriously when their defence is as poor as it is.

47 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just look at their back 4 though....they're at a crucial part of the season and still playing woeful players like Dummett and Steven Taylor. Lascelles looks poor at this level aswell.

I can't take them seriously when their defence is as poor as it is.

I don't ever, in my 20 year history of watching football remember Newcastle ever having a solid defence, it's always been about the strikers* for them

*they love there number 9s up their

Edited by Jimzk5

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I don't ever, in my 20 year history of watching football remember Newcastle ever having a solid defence, it's always been about the strikers* for them

*they love there number 9s up their

That has got to be one of the most annoying cliches in football. The media are shit.

Edited by Mantis

You do have admire their blind loyalty I think us Villa fans are a little bit more intelligent though!  I mean you can say we are fickle but I would say we know when the team is worthy of our support.  It's an age old argument though that the media will always side with the fan who pays £1000s for basically being taken for a ride.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

That has got to be one of the most annoying cliches in football.

I remember that absolutely God awful day they signed Michael Owen and the day dedicated to it.

even tonight, Sky have a article on the app titled what's going wrong at Newcastle which says "Newcastle are a club renowned for number 9s"

It's a double edged sword with Newcastle's support...yes the numbers are good but you could hear on tv they were starting to whine and get on the players backs at 0-0 when Afobe fired over.

Eddie Howe also mentioned it in his post match press conference. Along the lines of keep it 0-0 for first 20 minutes and the crowd would start getting frustrated and demand Newcastle get forward more so they would leave space for Bournemouth to counter attack in and so it proved.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

best defender Newcastle had in last 20 years? Woodgate maybe and I doubt he played near 50 games for the club

Â