Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Benitez plays a very solid way that takes a good time to install into a team, just dont see him having a long time to get it working this season especially with awful centre halfs like Lascelles, Taylor and Coloccini and a right back who just doesnt bother defending

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That's an amazing appointment from Newcastle.  Fair play to them.  

Yeah I agree.

Ashley funded players in the summer, more in January and now spent big on a good manager.

...and the Newcastle fans hate him.

Agree, he's not the top 5 managers in the world like the scouser so like to believe, but this is still a massive coup for them

Will hopefully make us sending them down on the last home game even better

To be honest, I think I'd rather see them stay up, because they will probably be a more difficult competitor in the championship than Norwich/Sunderland would be.

At least if they do go down, they won't have the last laugh at Villa Park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah I agree.

Ashley funded players in the summer, more in January and now spent big on a good manager.

...and the Newcastle fans hate him.

They have every right to hate him. 

He's spent that much on the squad because of the parlous state it was in prior to this season. Another way of phrasing your comment would be to say the squad was so bad they've spent £80m on it and still only got one defender who is actually of sufficient quality for the league he plays in. It was that bad because he hadn't invested for years. You simply can't stand still in football; we should know just as well. 

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Hope they don't go down with us with Rafa still in charge. Not good for us, he is a better manager than we have had for a long time.

I dont know, he probably has very little knowledge of the league and doubt he would want to be going places like Brighton and Rotherham in midweek games

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont know, he probably has very little knowledge of the league and doubt he would want to be going places like Brighton and Rotherham in midweek games

why not? brighton is lovely all year round, i prefer bognor mind.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm stunned they've managed to appoint Rafa. Fair play to them.

I bet he has a release clause if they go down though

He does have a release Clause so it's a no brainer for him

he keeps them up - probably gets a big bonus and a big wedge of cash to spend next year, also will say how hard an achievement for it was keeping them up to rebuild he's reputation

they go down he walks off into the sun without a care in the world

On 12 March 2016 at 14:22, Stevo985 said:

I'm stunned they've managed to appoint Rafa. Fair play to them.

I bet he has a release clause if they go down though

Yep he sure does, makes you wonder why we didn't introduce a clause like that with garde.

everyone saying Newcastle will come straight up, but did you hear mike Ashley's quotes that Newcastle have no money left? I think we will be in a better position to buy players than them if that's the case. Also sporting direct are in big financial trouble

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep he sure does, makes you wonder why we didn't introduce a clause like that with garde.

Why would we?

I imagine Newcastle agreed to it because there's no way Rafa would agree to be their manager without it.

We wouldn't have needed to go to those lengths to attract Garde. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why would we?

I imagine Newcastle agreed to it because there's no way Rafa would agree to be their manager without it.

We wouldn't have needed to go to those lengths to attract Garde. 

Yeah but now we are going to have to pay him compo when he is sacked just like the other three managers these useless clowns have appointed

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but now we are going to have to pay him compo when he is sacked just like the other three managers these useless clowns have appointed

You're talking about a different clause.

Rafa's is a get out for him.

You're talking about a get out for us.

The former would almost certainly be a request from the manager to enable him to get out if they got relegated. 
The latter would have to come from our side to avoid compensation if we go down.

Managers won't agree to the latter unless they're desperate for a job. You can't just stick whatever clauses in you like. The other party has to agree to it. If we were to try and put a clause in that enabled us to get rid of the manager with no compensation in the event of relegation when we're recruiting as the club at the bottom of the league then do you think we'd have attracted anybody remotely competent?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're talking about a different clause.

Rafa's is a get out for him.

You're talking about a get out for us.

The former would almost certainly be a request from the manager to enable him to get out if they got relegated. 
The latter would have to come from our side to avoid compensation if we go down.

Managers won't agree to the latter unless they're desperate for a job. You can't just stick whatever clauses in you like. The other party has to agree to it. If we were to try and put a clause in that enabled us to get rid of the manager with no compensation in the event of relegation when we're recruiting as the club at the bottom of the league then do you think we'd have attracted anybody remotely competent?

I see the difference, regarding your second point well Garde hasnt exactly been a success to be fair either. But its not all entirely his fault as we know. I think if Rafa was available at the time and we could have attracted him somehow he probably would have done better than garde has

Â