Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 4/28/2016 at 18:03, kurtsimonw said:

They're really thick if they think they should be allowed more than the maximum allocation. Yes, season ticket holders should have to give up seats at Villa Park to Newcastle fans, seems fair.

Newcastle fans and intelligence just do not go together.

Delusions of grandeur maybe, but intelligence, nah.

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Tottenham last game could be important or maybe the title will be done and dusted by then and will be a comfortable home win.

they could probably even afford to rest a few players next weekend for the Spurs game ;)

Just now, Mantis said:

I'm surprised so many want Newcastle to go down. Sure it'd be funny at first but they'll be the biggest threat to us in the Championship.

For Newcastle to be a 'threat', we'd have to be competing at the top of the Championship.

I guarantee we won't be anywhere near promotion. 

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For Newcastle to be a 'threat', we'd have to be competing at the top of the Championship.

I guarantee we won't be anywhere near promotion. 

Ridiculous statement. No-one knows what's going to happen between now and September.

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm surprised so many want Newcastle to go down. Sure it'd be funny at first but they'll be the biggest threat to us in the Championship.

The state we're in currently we're not troubling the promotion spots.

Get that sorted and then we can start demanding which teams come down with us.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

The state we're in currently we're not troubling the promotion spots.

Get that sorted and then we can start demanding which teams come down with us.

No shit - that's exactly my point. People are banking on us staying in such a mess but a lot could change between now and September.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Ridiculous statement. No-one knows what's going to happen between now and September.

You're right, but I think that applies to us and to Newcastle and to the Championship as a whole - I think it's a much tougher division than just us and Newcastle!

I know but we have a lot to do....new manager, overhaul of squad, heck even get our board numbers up as Bernstein and King have walked and haven't even been replaced.

I naively thought we'd use this time we have over the two other relegated teams to do those things but clearly not.

In any case there's still two promotion spots in play regardless if Newcastle are there or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

This squad has now lost what, a dozen games in a row? You think it's all going to get better because the punishment will stop happening each week, but it's not going to. Our players have a losing mentality beaten into them, they're not suddenly going to turn into world-beaters while they're on the piss in Magaluf in July. 

I don't for one minute believe that we're going to get bought either. 

Anyway, taking this back on topic, Newcastle being relegated would be funny no matter what, but they've got a cast-iron three points next weekend. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This squad has now lost what, a dozen games in a row? You think it's all going to get better because the punishment will stop happening each week, but it's not going to. Our players have a losing mentality beaten into them, they're not suddenly going to turn into world-beaters while they're on the piss in Magaluf in July. 

I don't for one minute believe that we're going to get bought either. 

Anyway, taking this back on topic, Newcastle being relegated would be funny no matter what, but they've got a cast-iron three points next weekend. 

I really don't.

Please just read what I've been saying. I'm NOT saying that this group of words removed will suddenly turn into anything other than the pathetic losers they are. What I am saying is that a lot can happen between now and September with regards to the ownership and composition of the squad. Key point there being can.

I agree that Newcastle will get 3 points against us though - without a doubt.

Edited by Mantis

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I really don't.

Please just read what I've been saying. I'm NOT saying that this group of words removed will suddenly turn into anything other than the pathetic losers they are. What I am saying is that a lot can happen between now and September with regards to the ownership and composition of the squad. Key point there being can.

I agree that Newcastle will get 3 points against us though - without a doubt.

I admire your optimism, I really do, I just don't share it. 

Â