Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are staying up i think,  thats better fir our promotion chances anyway

Sunderland 1 point ahead, extra game, better goal difference and four teams left, Stoke, Chelsea, Everton and Watford, all of whom incredibly have nothing to play for, you couldn't ask for a better run in than that, well maybe playing us four times if that was allowed.

Newcastle do play us but also play Spurs on the final day (good luck with that) and Palace who I'm sure Pardew will be desperate to get a result given the horrendous abuse he got up there.

normally I would back Palace but they are safe and have a cup final so cant imagine players be that arsed for it. It will go last day of season but think Sunderland might bottle it now its in their hands

I can see Newcastle getting 6 points, possibly 7. I think they'll beat Palace and obviously it's a given that they'll beat us. Depending on where Spurs are on the final day they might be able to get something from that too.

Sunderland are notoriously lucky though so it'll be tough for them.

Sunderland played well 2nd half yesterday, play to that standard for final 4 games and they'll win two of them and get another draw so 38 points, don't see Newcastle winning last three.

Will take back what I said about their team, Khaziri came alive second half and reminded me a bit of Young when he was here, Kirchoff was good, even Cattermole was good which is the first time I've ever typed that I'm sure. Lamine Kone looks a steal considering they got him for 4-5m, makes Kaboul actually looked like a decent defender.

Stadium of Light really nice ground aswell, what I was surprised about was the lack of anti Newcastle chants, hardly heard any despite them being pretty much head to head now to stay up, heard more stuff directed at Spurs from the Arsenal fans above me.

That said I've never heard such a collective loud groan from a stadium when a Sunderland player misplaced a pass, much worse than at VP in normal seasons.

They are moaning about ticket allocation even though FA rules decided on Away Fans Allocation

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/04/aston-villa-refuse-sell-tickets-newcastle-fans-despite-13000-empty-seats-newcastle-united/

Aston Villa fans have once again been conspicuous by their absence, deserting the club this season during the relegation struggle.

The crowd for the last home match at Villa Park (v Southampton) was less than thirty thousand (29,729), leaving some thirteen thousand empty seats.

Newcastle United received an away allocation of 2,900 for the match in 10 days time and these have been predictably snapped up straight away.

This penultimate game of the season has looked from a long way out to have two elements: a meaningless game for Villa as they’d already be relegated, a vital match for Newcastle as they struggle to avoid the drop.

However, despite it being obvious that home demand would be almost non-existent and away demand would be sky high, Aston Villa have refused to enlarge the away section.

On top of this, Villa are refusing to sell tickets to anybody who doesn’t have a previous history of buying tickets at Villa Park.

Which means it pretty much rules out any Newcastle fans picking up any of the anticipated 13,000 empty seats.

A ridiculous situation all round.

Whilst Newcastle’s game with Palace is reported to be only a couple of thousand short of a sell-out, the final game against Tottenham could see a similar situation for Tottenham supporters as Newcastle fans face at Villa.

Obviously everything crossed that Newcastle go into that final game with still a chance of survival but despite Spurs only drawing on Monday, there is still a scenario whereby United could be down and with nothing to play for, whilst Spurs could still be going for the title.

In response to the desperation of Tottenham fans, Newcastle also made this game tickets only available for United fans with a previous buying history, to prevent away supporters in home sections.

Whilst that is understandable to an extent, there really is no excuse for Aston Villa not making at least a couple of thousand extra seats available when they are guaranteed to have such an embarrassing low crowd as they play their last game in the Premier League.

This is the ticket info on the official Aston Villa website:

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/04/aston-villa-refuse-sell-tickets-newcastle-fans-despite-13000-empty-seats-newcastle-united/#sthash.gCTGeiZX.dpuf

I actually think we'll get a decent crowd as let's not forget this could be our last home game in the top flight for some time, I hope not but other clubs like Leeds have been away for a long time now.

35-36k sounds about right to me although I did note it's just booking history for this so will have to wait until cheap seats become available on seatwave as I can never get my Dad a ticket when it goes on booking history for some reason.

With regards the Newcastle fan, isn't there a fixed allocation premier league clubs can give away fans. I can't remember the last time there were 4-5k away fans at VP for a non cup game.

Made the Daily Mail now!! Why can't the Geordies realise that they can't have another part of the ground meant for home fans (Season ticket holders in other stands as well as Villa supporters who have purchased tickets) due to FA Rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3562083/Newcastle-fans-refused-extra-tickets-match-against-relegated-Aston-Villa-despite-club-having-13-000-seats.html

Newcastle United have been refused extra tickets for their trip to Aston Villa - despite the relegated club having 13,000 empty seats.
The Magpies - who could yet be joining Villa in the Championship next season - sold the last of their 2,900 allocation earlier this week and even shifted a further 100 seats with a restricted view. 
But their request for more tickets for next Saturday's game has been turned down by the Villains

This has angered Newcastle fans, who are now looking to populate the home end at Villa Park.
However, the hosts insist they will only sell tickets to supporters with 'an Aston Villa booking history', a practice which is commonplace in the Premier League.
Long-running fanzine The Mag has labelled it 'a ridiculous situation all round' and has called on Villa to open up another area of the ground for away fans

They point out that the attendance at Villa's last home match against Southampton was 29,729, some 13,000 below capacity. It is believed Newcastle could sell an extra 2,000 tickets based on demand, especially given their recent revival under Rafa Benitez.
The Spaniard's side are now just one point from safety but he believes they might need to win their three remaining games - against Crystal Palace, Villa and Spurs - to ensure they finish above relegation rivals Norwich and Sunderland.
Meanwhile, Sportsmail can reveal that Newcastle will not be holding an end-of-season awards night

Aston Villa fans have once again been conspicuous by their absence, deserting the club this season during the relegation struggle

They should get the facts right, fans cannot be bothered going to watch 11 people walking around the pitch half arsed. They have better ways to spend their hard earned cash!! Tough choice really spend £70+(ticket food drink and transport) to watch 11 men getting **** on the pitch or spending that money on my family going out for the day?

• Like 1

You can't really blame Newcastle fans for wanting to be at this game in my opinion.  It's an important game for them I wish we could say the same.  If the boot was on the other foot we would be moaning and looking at ways of getting tickets.  

Have done it myself loads of times in happier days when I had to sit in the home end as the away section was sold out.  

If they keep quiet and watch the game it's no big deal if we can't sell the tickets ourselves.

I was hoping for a last hurrah from our fans but seems that's not the case.  I will be going for only the 4th time this season hoping for a party atmosphere and to have sob on the tyne II.

Chance to tell the grandkids I was at the last Premier League game at Villa Park!!!

• Like 1

How inconsiderate of us, imagine being so heartless to not give them as many tickets as they want, we should paint all the seats black and white too, mayby put a bronze statue of Wor Bobby on the car park and reanimate the corpse of Jackie Milburn to watch the game.

dickheads.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

3k is the full allocation so shut the **** up

exactly, its standard procedure, we dont bend the rules for anyone and no one else in the prem bends the rules for us, we may have 15k empty seats but id guess a ST holder in pretty much every block in the ground, why should we move people about for the benefit of the away team?

save that for the championship...

Sunderland fan I work with: "Jeez Dave, I think you hate Newcastle as much as me?!"

Me: "Probably."

Anyone wanting to know why just needs to read that the bollocks Villa4life posted from The Mag. I know many, many good people who support Newcastle, I can have a sensible conversation about football with about 5 of them. It's like a disability.

• Like 1

Â