Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Eddie Howe said in his press conference that Botman was advised to get surgery but decided to keep playing. That either makes Howe weak for allowing the player to decide for himself rather than listening to medical experts, or he's lying and they pushed Botman to keep playing. It could be the latter, seeing as Newcastle currently have Longstaff playing through injury and others have been rushed back too soon only to break down again shortly after. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Hence all the speculation about the random 92nd minute yellow he got against us for walking off of the pitch too quickly when subbed - even Howe is telling him to slow down 

Sorry, I don't get it. He's walked off the pitch too quickly. What does that mean?

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Sorry, I don't get it. He's walked off the pitch too quickly. What does that mean?

He means slowly. Despite being 5-1 up he had to be ordered off the pitch when being subbed. 

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He means slowly. Despite being 5-1 up he had to be ordered off the pitch when being subbed. 

That makes sense. But he says that Howe is telling him to slow down?

Yeah that yellow card looks more on Howe than Tonali

Surely he could have took his top off after scoring or made a stupid tackle if desperately wanted to be boomed

5 hours ago, turvontour said:

You aren't supposed to enter or leave the field without an officials consent - it's a bookable offence.

There's "easier" ways to get a yellow though - kick the ball away, pull a shirt, delay a restart etc

8 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Eddie Howe said in his press conference that Botman was advised to get surgery but decided to keep playing. That either makes Howe weak for allowing the player to decide for himself rather than listening to medical experts, or he's lying and they pushed Botman to keep playing. It could be the latter, seeing as Newcastle currently have Longstaff playing through injury and others have been rushed back too soon only to break down again shortly after. 

That reflects on MON, I mean Howe, for sure. Running players into the ground with a small squad. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

You aren't supposed to enter or leave the field without an officials consent - it's a bookable offence.

There's "easier" ways to get a yellow though - kick the ball away, pull a shirt, delay a restart etc

I once got a yellow for straining my hamstring and limping over the touchline on the opposite side of the field to the bench.

4 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Lascelles out for 6-9 months now with an ACL injury and apparently another of the players who went off injured yesterday is a long-term absence too... 

so who are they missing long term now?

Tonali (banned), Joelinton, lascelles, Botman, Wilson, and the other player you mentioned?

1 minute ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Lascelles out for 6-9 months now with an ACL injury and apparently another of the players who went off injured yesterday is a long-term absence too... 

I think it shows the difference between them and us

Krafth will now start as 4th choice CB and he's a championship player 

Our 5th choice CB is French international lenglet on loan from barca 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tonali (banned), Joelinton, lascelles, Botman, Wilson, and the other player you mentioned?

Almiron and Livramento both got injured yesterday also, so one of them is probably the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Not sure how long Pope and Trippier are out for - but they're currently missing too.

• Like 1

Pretty much means they'll have to sell Guimaraes to fund a new CB as they're relatively stocked at central midfield. Wilson and Trippier will also go aswell I think.

They'll have a pretty young side out next season so can see another up and down season and Howe under big pressure when we get to November-December.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty much means they'll have to sell Guimaraes to fund a new CB as they're relatively stocked at central midfield. Wilson and Trippier will also go aswell I think.

They'll have a pretty young side out next season so can see another up and down season and Howe under big pressure when we get to November-December.

Genuinely dont see where Guimaraes goes. He isnt as good as people believe and for the money Newcastle will want

United or nothing

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Genuinely dont see where Guimaraes goes. He isnt as good as people believe and for the money Newcastle will want

United or nothing

If psg got themselves together he'd be a good signing for them but he'll spend the summer with his agent linking him to Madrid seemingly oblivious to them buying the 2 top French talents psg should have bought 2 years ago, they'll lose kroos and modric but they still dont need Bruno 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If psg got themselves together he'd be a good signing for them but he'll spend the summer with his agent linking him to Madrid seemingly oblivious to them buying the 2 top French talents psg should have bought 2 years ago, they'll lose kroos and modric but they still dont need Bruno 

Kroos is about to sign a new contract as well

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

United or nothing

I’d take him at Villa 👀

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’d take him at Villa 👀

Was more mentioning the elite teams his agent will be expecting to come in for him

Â