Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Newcastle deserves better owners than Ashley but I wouldn't want Saudi Arabia owning my club. I've worked in the Middle East and Saudi Arabia is not like Dubai or Abu Dhabi. 

They may be peddling this lie that they are opening up and changing but I won't be going there again in my life that's for sure.

I feel the Geordies are so beaten down that they don't care who takes over at this point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It’ll be a real test of FFP… is it just to keep the poor clubs poor, or will it stop the rich clubs being rich… we shall see?

FIFA is an organisation whose rules are available to be bought. They'll work around FFP.

• Like 3

Lol everyone is now coming to the reality of the Saud's. They aren't here to mess about. Vision 2030 is full steam ahead.

They run the Middle East I've told you all about this before. MBS is a vile predator who had his own flesh and blood removed so he can take power. Qatar , Oman , UAE are subservient to them. 

They can buy any club in the world but are choosing Newcastle. That's what everyone needs to try and understand. They will stop at nothing to take them to Champions League successes. It's a "we can do it".

As for the morality read their history on how they got into power. 

P.S I'm someone who is banned from entering their country. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm astounded that there isn't even a minority of Newcastle fans worried that there club will be transformed into a soulless sportswashing front for a despotic regime. 

I know if it was happening at Villa I wouldn't be finding any joy in it.

There’s a minority against it. According to latest NUST survey 93.8% of supporters are for the takeover. About 6% against.

18 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm astounded that there isn't even a minority of Newcastle fans worried that there club will be transformed into a soulless sportswashing front for a despotic regime. 

Most Newcastle fans have convinced themselves that Ashley is a tyrant who has ruined the club, so they won’t give a shit what their new owners do if they’re successful.

They should probably take a look at Derby if they want to see what a ruined club actually looks like.

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Most Newcastle fans have convinced themselves that Ashley is a tyrant who has ruined the club, so they won’t give a shit what their new owners do if they’re successful.

They should probably take a look at Derby if they want to see what a ruined club actually looks like.

He hasn’t ruin them, that’s true. But he didn’t do anything positive either.

Twice relegated under his ownership, for a club of their size it shouldn’t have happened. More importantly, since his takeover they have the lowest Capex (investment in facilities like stadium and training ground) of all premier league clubs. Ashley is doing the bare minimum to keep them afloat.

He is just as bad as late Lerner, and if he was at Villa we would all kick and scream to get him out. Can’t blame the geordies. Still, not a good news for us and other Premier League clubs.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Money made Man City a big team. Newcastle actually have huge support.

It's a sleeping giant. (Sorry)

Man City also from trendy Manchester, Piggy backed United and had a stadium with no identity to sponsor. 

Newcastle just have good support because they are a one team city. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There’s a minority against it. According to latest NUST survey 93.8% of supporters are for the takeover. About 6% against.

6% is pretty darn close to no-one. You can get roughly that many people to say they've met an alien in surveys.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if this is why The Glazers have sold a chunk of Man United this week. Get rid of chunks of it whilst the price is still high.  They're the most likely to lose position.  They're miles behind Citeh, Liverpool and Chelski. 

As you say that, I don't get why someone with the wealth of the Saudis, wouldn't just buy a Manchester United, or an Arsenal, alot less work to do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

And here we go again.

Deal has fallen apart twice and I fully expect it to fall apart again.

The piracy issues hasn't suddenly gone away and been resolved.

Qatar and Saudi have kissed and made up already mate, that won't be an issue anymore.

As a matter of fact, just last week the 3 Kings ( Qatar, Saudi, UAE ) were photod out in summer clothes on an outing having a great time.

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Honestly be same at Villa though. People wanted Xia even when rumours he was funded by the Chinese government 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As you say that, I don't get why someone with the wealth of the Saudis, wouldn't just buy a Manchester United, or an Arsenal, alot less work to do.

Maybe the work is part of the fun? 

There are huge areas of Newcastle they can develop and loads they can do in an isolated town away from some of the media, for the Saudi's it gives them the privacy of flying into Newcastle without having to go through London and having to spend hours on the flight pointing out of the window at all the property they own.

• Like 1

Â