Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just now, The_Steve said:

Disgraceful fan base cheering on the Saudi state. Actually sickening. 

I know its absolutely ridiculous. Selling their souls if you will just to be successful at a sport. I would never want this for Villa. Never.

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Disgraceful fan base cheering on the Saudi state. Actually sickening. 

How much worse are they than Man City and their owners? A bit, I guess.

Feels like we're going down that slope, small increment by increment until literally Satan is the owner of Small Heath investing trillions to finally "earn" then that second Johnston's Paint Trophy.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How much worse are they than Man City and their owners? A bit, I guess.

Feels like we're going down that slope, small increment by increment until literally Satan is the owner of Small Heath investing trillions to finally "earn" then that second Johnston's Paint Trophy.

Watch the film The Dissident for starters. 

I think if it goes through any club's fans would be jealous - gives them the power to compete at the top in time and gives the fans some joy back in the game. Be interesting to see how they approach the task.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I think if it goes through any club's fans would be jealous - gives them the power to compete at the top in time and gives the fans some joy back in the game. Be interesting to see how they approach the task.

Time though is key. Haaland is not going to want to play with Clark and Hayden while they build. City for example had a better squad and have signed maybe 2 or 3 world class players at the peak in 15 years or so

That geordie opens with the richest club in world football

It means absolutely nothing... They aren't spending £400bn on Newcastle, they also aren't selling their shares in IBM to invest in Newcastle 

They also aren't getting around FFP

If it does go through I hope they either spend the bare minimum or they spunk a load of it on absolute dross 

It'll be a lesson in just how much of a closed shop they've made the top 4 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Time though is key. Haaland is not going to want to play with Clark and Hayden while they build. City for example had a better squad and have signed maybe 2 or 3 world class players at the peak in 15 years or so

Yeah - time is key for sure. Makes me glad we've gone and got the likes of Buendia, Bailey and Ings in already - all players who TBF have moved to improve their wages, but haven't demanded Europe. Hope we can stay one step ahead for a season or two until our squad is fully built.  

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City had spent a lot of money stolen from the Thai people in the preceding season alright.

• Like 1

meh good luck to them. lot of work to do to catch up with us.

sacking bruce could go one of 2 ways and from what little i've seen they've been better than the results suggest this season

Â