Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

... oh man, if it were 2005 we'd be on the NME New Bands Tour with Bloc Party and Futureheads. You just know it!

Sulberto & the Saudis did angular guitar riffs the best agreed. Franz Ferdinand who?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

... oh man, if it were 2005 we'd be on the NME New Bands Tour with Bloc Party and Futureheads. You just know it!

Had a look out of interest to see if I went... 

2005 was the killers, bloc party, future heads and kaiser chiefs! That's a pretty mad line up 

The best nme special I saw was bloc party, cribs and foals in Manchester, was a great night 

• Like 1

I went to a few of those tours in a row, mid 2000's. They were such special times.

However, fear not. Sulberto & The Saud's, feat. Don Simon could be the ones to bring indie glory back to the UK! (And Riyadh). Watch this space...

On 02/10/2021 at 12:04, Only2McInallys said:

I thought that the deal needed a vote by the other Premier League clubs  to happen and  you need at least 14 clubs to vote for the takeover.

Why would any other club want this to happen?

No, the clubs don’t get an (official) say.  

The decision is made by the Premier League body based on very narrow criteria, but of course some clubs may put a little pressure on the decision behind the scenes.

This might be the year... Norwich are awful, but you'd expect Wolves, Burnley and Southampton to pull away from Newcastle eventually as they have either decent players, a decent manager and/or and effective system.

Newcastle are already so far behind Brentford, you think they already might struggle to catch them in the 31 games they have left given what both teams have shown in the opening 7...

I dont see 3 teams for them to finish above. Norwich for sure, and probably Watford, but a 3rd team is a stretch

8 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

This might be the year... Norwich are awful, but you'd expect Wolves, Burnley and Southampton to pull away from Newcastle eventually as they have either decent players, a decent manager and/or and effective system.

Newcastle are already so far behind Brentford, you think they already might struggle to catch them in the 31 games they have left given what both teams have shown in the opening 7...

I dont see 3 teams for them to finish above. Norwich for sure, and probably Watford, but a 3rd team is a stretch

We say this every season but they always scrape together enough points. The eye test always tells you they're the worst team in the league but they know how to pick up crucial points.

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Burnley? They have aging, under invested squad...Dyche magic can only work for so long.

Certainly on paper Newcastle have much better squad than Burnley. If they can keep ASM and Wilson fit for most of the season they might just keep their head above the water in spite of Brucie 

Edited by Czarnikjak

17 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Burnley who have the same record as them so far aside from GD, Southampton down an Ings with 1 point more, Leeds who just beat a Watford side - who themselves may look for multiple “new manager bounces” to try and avoid the drop - they’re still below but before that looked capable of “doing a Sheffield Utd”, or Crystal Palace just because they’re on the same points as the latter as well despite looking decent enough so far?

The possibilities are plentiful.

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm in a minority, but I quite like Newcastle.  Would much rather see the majority of the Premier League get relegated over them.

I'm with you a little on this, I remember the Faustino Asprilla and Kevin Keegan days when people thought that maybe they could break the Man U stranglehold.

'I'd love it if we beat them' Keegan interview was a classic.

Though I'm not sure how much it's disliking Newcastle, or Steve Bruce / Mike Ashely nowadays. Either way, the table does not lie at the end of the season.

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

for a long time that 5-0 game was one of the best games id ever seen

like a lot of clubs my disliking of them comes from their fans and the media, the skewing of them to this massive club that they're simply not grinds my gears

I genuinely don't think their fans view themselves as that - and certainly not as much as we do of ourselves.

The media, sure.  The whole "love their number 9" thing.  But that isn't their fans.

😬

Newcastle United Supporters Trust urge Steve Bruce to resign after winless start to the season – with group revealing a whopping 94.3% of members want under-pressure boss to leave St James’ Park 

Newcastle United Supporters Trust has called on head coach Steve Bruce to resign in the ‘best interest’ of the club.

The group has revealed that 94.3 percent of its members are in favor of Bruce’s departure and urged the club to take immediate action.

Newcastle are 19th in the Premier League after seven matches without a win and fans continue to voice their feelings against Bruce from the rooftops. The 60-year-old has been protected by a multimillion-pound payoff and has insisted he will not step down.

Newcastle United Supporters Trust has asked head coach Steve Bruce to resign

The group has revealed that 94.3 percent of its members are in favor of Bruce leaving

sportsmail It was revealed last month that there was growing resentment towards Bruce in his squad, although Hierarchy would only be mindful to act, believing the team was in danger of relegation.

However, NUST says that about 96 percent of its members are not sure of survival this season.

A statement read: ‘After a seventh consecutive Premier League game without a win, eight in all competitions, and just seven wins in the last 37, there was growing apparent anger at the away end at Wolverhampton on Saturday, and this anger reflected Happens across all social media channels, podcasts and websites.

‘We asked our members whether they believe Steve Bruce should resign in the best interest of Newcastle United, and from over 5,000 responses in a 12-hour period? An impressive 94.3 percent said yes.

https://granthshala.com/newcastle-united-supporters-trust-urge-steve-bruce-to-resign-after-winless-start-to-the-season-with-group-revealing-a-whopping-94-3-of-members-want-under-pressure-boss-to-leave-st-james-park/

Â