Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Times reporting it will be done in the next 24 hours

Right now if that happened it looks very easy to link the sale approval to the bein stuff, so the PLs main concern was the TV money... 

From the trial it sounds like they're successfully proving that the state doesn't own the club so when the PL requests certain documents from certain people the people that previously said no are no longer being asked to do so, that's the last straw, that someone somewhere within the PIF still refuses to submit a document that is considered standard within the fit and proper test and the PL can prove it

If this happens they will just be another Everton for me. 

Newcastle are a big club and have some pull but will spend money in the £30-£50 million bracket on bang average players just like Everton. 

Doesnt matter how far we progress because they will progress faster. Even Abramovich will bow out of that arms race. Noocastle vs psg vs manciteh for everything in 10 years time. 

Good for their fans though after having Ashely sit there for 10 years . 

Ps maybe they wont get the top class players they think they will . Its fooking freezing up there

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Doesnt matter how far we progress because they will progress faster. Even Abramovich will bow out of that arms race. Noocastle vs psg vs manciteh for everything in 10 years time. 

Good for their fans though after having Ashely sit there for 10 years . 

Ps maybe they wont get the top class players they think they will . Its fooking freezing up there

Doesn’t FFP stop this tho? I thought no club could do what Man City did a decade ago.

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Doesn’t FFP stop this tho? I thought no club could do what Man City did a decade ago.

FFP stops doing new teams coming along and doing it, like us and newcastle

the established elite such as city can continue to do what they like

If the Saudi's are such a powerhouse and want to turn Newcastle into the next big club, then why is that Amanda and the other two brothers leading the way for the consortium? Why not just buy them outright?

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If the Saudi's are such a powerhouse and want to turn Newcastle into the next big club, then why is that Amanda and the other two brothers leading the way for the consortium? Why not just buy them outright?

She is just a deal broker with 10% minority stake. Saudis have 80% stake in the consortium.

I suppose the big question mark is exactly how ambitious the Saudi investment fund will be - is it there to make money or is it there to sportswash the KSA - maybe it can do both at the same time. We will find out in the January window...

They are trying to rebuild Saudi and have invested $500 billion in this new city they call NEOM . They are also heavily investing into turning Saudi into a destination resort like Dubai.. Someone i know went their with his wife last year after being headhunted from Rolls Royce . Triple the salary tax free , flights , apartment etc . 

They will have NEOM on the front of their jerseys before you can say beheaded . How they get around proving they are not state owned is another thing but i am sure they will . 

Very bad news for us , very bad . 

I wonder if this is why The Glazers have sold a chunk of Man United this week. Get rid of chunks of it whilst the price is still high.  They're the most likely to lose position.  They're miles behind Citeh, Liverpool and Chelski. 

This won't be about Newcastle storming through the Premier league as it currently stands on a wave of filthy money - in many ways, that would be a positive outcome.

If this goes through and the Saudi's look like they're going to invest like PSG and City do, there will be panic in Liverpool and in Manchester and in North London - they won't be able to compete - so they'll change the rules, they'll change the league, they'll change the structure of things to shut the Saudi's out. It'll be another iteration of the ESL, or another iteration of the Premier league, or a similar closed shop designed to protect their incomes - it'll be a circling of the wagons to shut out any more new money and while it'll be aimed at preventing a successful Newcastle, it'll do a fine job of shutting out the likes of us, or the likes of Everton, or West Ham, or anyone else who has the potential to hurt the top lines of the current top clubs.

If this goes through, I have a feeling that things are going to get really, really ugly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Make no mistake, this is really bad news for Villa and other clubs with European aspirations.

Within couple of seasons they will be looking to challenge for europe, making our project even more difficult.

money doesn't equal instant sucess. it took chelsea 2 years after abramovic took over to win the league (they finished 4th the season before he bought them so they were already pretty good) and city took 2 years to go from 9th (already better than newcastle) to european places. and this is when FFP was really not a thing. it's not going to be easy

Premier league looks like the biggest winner here - have sorted piracy and protected their rights holders - and now the league will have another potentially big spender - whether it's Citeh, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, eventually Newcastle, the world's top players will want to come to the world's best league - and they'll get to name their price. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This won't be about Newcastle storming through the Premier league as it currently stands on a wave of filthy money - in many ways, that would be a positive outcome.

If this goes through and the Saudi's look like they're going to invest like PSG and City do, there will be panic in Liverpool and in Manchester and in North London - they won't be able to compete - so they'll change the rules, they'll change the league, they'll change the structure of things to shut the Saudi's out. It'll be another iteration of the ESL, or another iteration of the Premier league, or a similar closed shop designed to protect their incomes - it'll be a circling of the wagons to shut out any more new money and while it'll be aimed at preventing a successful Newcastle, it'll do a fine job of shutting out the likes of us, or the likes of Everton, or West Ham, or anyone else who has the potential to hurt the top lines of the current top clubs.

If this goes through, I have a feeling that things are going to get really, really ugly.

interesting point. the elite clubs hold the power in this league, proven by the lack of punishment of the super league concept. they will do anything they can to stop newcastle buying their way onto their table...ironically doing exactly what they've done in the past and continue to do now, but as i said, they're untouchable anyway

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

money doesn't equal instant sucess. it took chelsea 2 years after abramovic took over to win the league (they finished 4th the season before he bought them so they were already pretty good) and city took 2 years to go from 9th (already better than newcastle) to european places. and this is when FFP was really not a thing. it's not going to be easy

That's what I said. It will take them few transfer windows to look at competing for Europe. Another competitor, making the objective of getting to Europe more difficult.

It's interesting to note that the full intricacy of the Premier League's ownership rules, moral misgivings and doubts on state ownership in the end have boiled down to just this; Qatar weren't very happy but they are okay now - go ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

That's what I said. It will take them few transfer windows to look at competing for Europe. Another competitor, making the objective of getting to Europe more difficult.

not everyone can compete for europe. there's always a team or 2 that falls away (like us a few years back). it's already started for leicester, arsenal and wolves. next could be everton, west ham, even spurs. we just continue to do our thing, let the barcodes do theirs.

• Like 1

Â