Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Yeah I don't harbor anywhere near as much ill-feeling towards Lambert. For one thing he didn't have anywhere near as much to work with, and at least he tried playing attacking football in the beginning, before bizarrely getting more and more defensive, as opposed to Bruce whose entire footballing philosophy is based around simply not losing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm with you on Bruce, I think the man's a word removed. Lambert though, I view him as a nice enough bloke. Just a pretty crap manager. No hard feelings from me. 

Yeah same with McLeish. Both respectful of the fans. Just woeful managers who to be fair to them had very little to work with.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm with you on Bruce, I think the man's a word removed. Lambert though, I view him as a nice enough bloke. Just a pretty crap manager. No hard feelings from me. 

Lambert destroyed my enjoyment of not just being a villa fan, but football in general. For the first time I stopped watching other games. I'd lost any interest i had in the sport. 

I'll always resent him for that. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Lambert destroyed my enjoyment of not just being a villa fan, but football in general. For the first time I stopped watching other games. I'd lost any interest i had in the sport. 

I'll always resent him for that. 

We go again 

• Like 2

Listening to the game on 5live, at 1-0 one the commentators said does steve bruce have a plan b?

The other replied with well, I suspect he will want them to sit back and keep the score down, and put another big guy up the pitch later

Isn't that brucies plan A through to Z?

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Listening to the game on 5live, at 1-0 one the commentators said does steve bruce have a plan b?

The other replied with well, I suspect he will want them to sit back and keep the score down, and put another big guy up the pitch later

Isn't that brucies plan A through to Z?

Plan A: Put wor boots on.

Plan B: 

aW4ydVF.png

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Watched a bit of this. Steve Bruce ought to be prosecuted for crimes against sport.

10 men behind the ball, pump it long to Joelinton. 

Half an hour in:

LI9w7Rn.png

I'm watching it, I'm convinced they are counting the ball boy's time on the ball in that 22%

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm watching it, I'm convinced they are counting the ball boy's time on the ball in that 22%

I lasted less than 10 minutes before the flashbacks were just too much for me. 

49 minutes ago, momo said:

They played the same under Benitez. He was a genius.

No, they didn't this isn't true.

Under Benitez the players were well drilled, they were organised and they played in a highly structured way. Yes it was primarily defensive but it was not the same as the way Bruce has them playing.

Â