Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Watching Newcastle is like peering into an alternate universe where we beat Fulham in the playoff final and are still owned by Xia with Bruce in charge playing turgid hoofball.

Nah I think we'd have been relegated and he would have been sacked before that. He's lucky he inherited a decent squad at Newcastle. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm paraphrasing. To summarise your actual points though

I don't need you paraphrasing anything. I can speak for myself, man.

Selective memory is an issue on VillaTalk. The football under Benitez was absolutely not good. Newcastle are where they are because of the owner, not because of the manager.

Discussing Bruce v Rafa is like discussing Rachel Riley v Susan Boyle. 

When Ming's got sent off yesterday Bruce would have taken off Jack, Ollie and Traore and replaced them with Elmo, Taylor and Nakamba. We'd have lost 3-1, Bruce would have threw Ming's under a bus a claimed that you simply can't compete at this level with ten men. 

Edited by av1

25 minutes ago, momo said:

I don't need you paraphrasing anything. I can speak for myself, man.

Selective memory is an issue on VillaTalk. The football under Benitez was absolutely not good. Newcastle are where they are because of the owner, not because of the manager.

You can, and over the last couple of pages you've been talking absolute rubbish.

On the above post, nobody is saying the football under Benitez was good so not quite sure why you are countering a point nobody is making. On Newcastle's owner, nobody is absolving him of blame so again an irrelevant response but the merits or otherwise of their owner doesn't negate the failings of Bruce, his woeful tactics or dire football. Comparison's to Benitez and suggestions Bruce is doing a better job or is on a par or even better tactically is absolutely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Bbc

Where have we heard this before.

Posted in wrong thread.

Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce says some of the "mass hysteria" around his side after a "bad week" is "unjust and unfair

Edited by av1

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You can, and over the last couple of pages you've been talking absolute rubbish.

On the above post, nobody is saying the football under Benitez was good so not quite sure why you are countering a point nobody is making. On Newcastle's owner, nobody is absolving him of blame so again an irrelevant response but the merits or otherwise of their owner doesn't negate the failings of Bruce, his woeful tactics or dire football. Comparison's to Benitez and suggestions Bruce is doing a better job or is on a par or even better tactically is absolutely ridiculous.

You are talking absolutely rubbish. What was better under Benitez? Please enlighten me. The guy quit his job like a little b**** over Rondon not getting a contract. He even deemed Joelinton not good enough replacement for Rondon. Yet Bruce had the team comfortably mid table before the lock down. You have a personal vendetta against Bruce, and that just comes across as bitterness.

25 minutes ago, momo said:

You are talking absolutely rubbish. What was better under Benitez? Please enlighten me. The guy quit his job like a little b**** over Rondon not getting a contract. He even deemed Joelinton not good enough replacement for Rondon. Yet Bruce had the team comfortably mid table before the lock down. You have a personal vendetta against Bruce, and that just comes across as bitterness.

You really need to read your own posts back. You said they played the same under Benitez as they do under Bruce, they don't and any Newcastle fan would tell you that. You claimed Bruce was doing a better job than Benitez, he isn't. You claimed Benitez got them relegated despite taking over in the March and almost saving them, he certainly wasn't responsible for relegating them. You suggested that Bruce rather than Benitez was the greater tactically which frankily ranks as one of the daftest opinions I've seen on here.

And I'm the one talking rubbish? Good luck finding anyone who agrees with you on this lot.

Bruce took over a stable PL side from Rafa and has been backed financially in a way that Rafa wasn't, their football is far worse, their tactics non existent and their fans are calling for his head yet loved Rafa. But what would they know? They must all be wrong and you must be right.

I don't have a personal vendetta against Bruce I just think he is a poor manager not remotely in the same class as Benitez and I think you are talking absolute drivel. 

Talking of drivel, Joelinton wasn't a good enough replacement for Rondon so I'd say Rafa was right on that. But that isn't why he quit, he quit because he wanted total control over transfers and the club wouldn't give him that.

As for what was better under Benitez, the tactics, their organisation, the mentality of the team and their approach to games, the football they played, the results relative to resources (Bruce has had far more investment in players than Rafa). You could ask any Newcastle fan and they would tell you the same. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, momo said:

The quality of football 

Bruce is getting some results but no one in their right mind would watch it and put up with it

They are dog shit, getting a win or a point from 25% possession and 2 shots, awesome 

I'll say it again,I would rather go down with Smith than stay up with Bruce 

There was a link to a twitter poll some pages back wasn't there where Newcastle fans had to describe their season under Bruce and "soul destroying" came out on top, that's the right answer for me, win lose or draw its depressing, the wins and the points are irrelevant because the football is so bad 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There was a link to a twitter poll some pages back wasn't there where Newcastle fans had to describe their season under Bruce and "soul destroying" came out on top, that's the right answer for me, win lose or draw its depressing, the wins and the points are irrelevant because the football is so bad 

Agreed. I'd walk out of the stadium after a win and wonder why I'd paid £30 to watch that bollocks. It was depressing, no matter the result.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed. I'd walk out of the stadium after a win and wonder why I'd paid £30 to watch that bollocks. It was depressing, no matter the result.

I gave my season ticket to my cousin after going to the 3-0 away defeat to Brentford and didnt go again under him (I moved so haven't actually been back since) 

Edited by villa4europe

I think Bruce is probably very bad at, and not very interested in, analyzing football games. There’s a chance he really doesn’t understand the criticism he gets, because he actually has a different experience of the game. I’d be shocked if he watches a lot of video, and he’s arrogant enough to trust his own guts, instincts and experience over objective analysis. With that mindset and lack of perspective, you’re not likely to accept criticism. To paraphrase a geordie on one of their forums: he’s a ****ing **** cowardly ****ing word removed of an excuse of a human being 😂

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He wheeled out the "mass hysteria" line yesterday so yep nothings changed 

And his mates in the media push it right to the front page (well, of the sports news section, the back page I guess :D. It's amazing how they let him get away with it.

Edited by Davkaus

Â