Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

29 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I think Bruce is probably very bad at, and not very interested in, analyzing football games. There’s a chance he really doesn’t understand the criticism he gets, because he actually has a different experience of the game. I’d be shocked if he watches a lot of video, and he’s arrogant enough to trust his own guts, instincts and experience over objective analysis. With that mindset and lack of perspective, you’re not likely to accept criticism. To paraphrase a geordie on one of their forums: he’s a ****ing **** cowardly ****ing word removed of an excuse of a human being 😂

I think you give him too much credit. I think he is lazy, he doesn’t really coach or prepare his team and he certainly doesn’t analyse opposition, remember his famous comments re Forestieri when we were about to play Sheff Wednesday?

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I think you give him too much credit. I think he is lazy, he doesn’t really coach or prepare his team and he certainly doesn’t analyse opposition, remember his famous comments re Forestieri when we were about to play Sheff Wednesday?

That’s excactly what I was trying to say, but perhaps I wasn’t very clear 😊

To clarify, I think he has very little interest in analysing games, so he’ll just go with what his gut tells him, and he’s arrogant enough for his gut to tell him his teams are playing better than they actually are. So, when people criticise him, he’ll think they’re overreacting, as he’s literally seeing games from one perspective only: his own gut. The lazy, arrogant ****.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

:crylaugh:I'd forgotten about that.  That was the final nail in the coffin for me, he should have been sacked for gross negligence for that.  I can't remember how long it was before he got sacked.

Edit: that and when Sherwood was nearly crying and throwing the players under the bus in the interview after his subs **** us up when we were 2-0 up against Leicester are the two lowest points from our managers I can remember.

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

:crylaugh:I'd forgotten about that.  That was the final nail in the coffin for me, he should have been sacked for gross negligence for that.  I can't remember how long it was before he got sacked.

Edit: that and when Sherwood was nearly crying and throwing the players under the bus in the interview after his subs **** us up when we were 2-0 up against Leicester are the two lowest points from our managers I can remember.

Worst of it was Foresteri was serving the second of a three match ban so he clearly hadn’t even watched their previous game while you have to assume our prep such as it was focussed on a striker not available. Incompetent.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You really need to read your own posts back. You said they played the same under Benitez as they do under Bruce, they don't and any Newcastle fan would tell you that. You claimed Bruce was doing a better job than Benitez, he isn't. You claimed Benitez got them relegated despite taking over in the March and almost saving them, he certainly wasn't responsible for relegating them. You suggested that Bruce rather than Benitez was the greater tactically which frankily ranks as one of the daftest opinions I've seen on here.

And I'm the one talking rubbish? Good luck finding anyone who agrees with you on this lot.

Bruce took over a stable PL side from Rafa and has been backed financially in a way that Rafa wasn't, their football is far worse, their tactics non existent and their fans are calling for his head yet loved Rafa. But what would they know? They must all be wrong and you must be right.

I don't have a personal vendetta against Bruce I just think he is a poor manager not remotely in the same class as Benitez and I think you are talking absolute drivel. 

Talking of drivel, Joelinton wasn't a good enough replacement for Rondon so I'd say Rafa was right on that. But that isn't why he quit, he quit because he wanted total control over transfers and the club wouldn't give him that.

As for what was better under Benitez, the tactics, their organisation, the mentality of the team and their approach to games, the football they played, the results relative to resources (Bruce has had far more investment in players than Rafa). You could ask any Newcastle fan and they would tell you the same. 

How has Bruce been backed more than Benitez? If the players bought last summer wasn't good enough for Benitez to progress with, yet Bruce managed to get them the to the same level point wise (giver or take ONE point), then I believe Bruce did a good job or in fact better. Somehow, the tactics Bruce employs work. Is it ugly? Sure. Yet it works for his teams. If you don't like his playing style, fine enough. If you don't like his media persona, then fine enough.

3 minutes ago, momo said:

How has Bruce been backed more than Benitez? If the players bought last summer wasn't good enough for Benitez to progress with, yet Bruce managed to get them the to the same level point wise (giver or take ONE point), then I believe Bruce did a good job or in fact better. Somehow, the tactics Bruce employs work. Is it ugly? Sure. Yet it works for his teams. If you don't like his playing style, fine enough. If you don't like his media persona, then fine enough.

Bruce has in circa 14 months a net spend in excess of £100m which has been predominately spent on attacking players. In the three years Rafa was there their net spend was -£11m.

Bruce has enjoyed financial backing that is on an entirely different level to that Rafa worked with.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce has in circa 14 months a net spend in excess of £100m which has been predominately spent on attacking players. In the three years Rafa was there their net spend was -£11m.

Bruce has enjoyed financial backing that is on an entirely different level to that Rafa worked with.

And Smith was backed with £130m, yet was a ghost goal from being relegated with Villa. And the backing last summer was for Benitez. But he left because he didn't get Rondon. Stop going i cirkles.

12 minutes ago, momo said:

It works depends on what it is you're actually trying to achieve 

Like the man himself says bottom half of the PL, that's all he'll ever be, that's his target, stay in the PL by playing god awful defensive football often with no intention of winning rather just don't lose 

Who wants that for their club? 

5 minutes ago, momo said:

And Smith was backed with £130m, yet was a ghost goal from being relegated with Villa. And the backing last summer was for Benitez. But he left because he didn't get Rondon. Stop going i cirkles.

Wtf? I’m the one going in circles??  Smith has knob all relevance.
You asked a question, I gave you an answer, unfortunately for you it showed how wrong you have been. Again.

You then accuse me of going in circles and then go back to an incorrect point you’ve previously made. Absolutely laughable, I’m done entertaining this rubbish.

1 hour ago, momo said:

:crylaugh:

Oh no. I was enjoying the back and forth there until this.

You've outed yourself Alex.

27 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The game against Bolton when it was snowing sticks in the mind.

That run of games infuriated me. We had a good chance to get back into the top 2. Then we go and lose at home to QPR and then to Bolton away, barely laying a glove on either. We lose even more ground on Cardiff and to make matters worse, Fulham then pass us into 3rd.

• Like 1

Â