Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We should have had another 3 points on the board against this lot. They're so bad. 

They should of been made to forfeit because I smell an absolute stinker from them and there cancellation above, either that or they broke Isolation rules in there games after.

I just do not like that they put others at risk mainly.

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

There is no way in hell that this is right. They had at least five players covid positive, how do players get cured that quickly from it when anyone else who gets it is told to isolate for 14 days??

Then there is the fact that to get a cancelled match dont your first team have to be down to 14 players or under for a game to be cancelled?? Pretty sure they had more than that number still available.

If you say they played last week as well then what's going on, so basically they skipped full isolation to play football.

I think there is a full list of covid positive players who caught it when our game should of been played in this newcastle thread https://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/41286-covid-club/?tab=comments#comment-1626795 Here's the list of four do not know the fifth or if there was more than five (Hayden, Krafth, Lascelles and Carroll  ).Now I am very curious if those players played last week but even still a covid scare on the scale they had it the club should really had to of postponed that game surely as well as tonight V Leeds.

This thread https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/01/newcastle-match-at-aston-villa-postponed-after-coronavirus-outbreak says that upto ten players and backroom staff were affected, that is serious and they should not of been allowed to return so soon.

So really Newactle were due to play us on the 4th december correct?? They then postponed that and should of isolated for at least two weeks which should be the 18th of december?? They then come back on the 12th of December to play WestBrom, which is before the 18th that they can come out of isolation. Yet they are playing Leeds tonight 16th of december, is it me or is there something clearly not right with all that??

After doing more research and looking into the 12th December west Brom game,  I find that out of those four players listed above that contacted covid, two played against west brom, they are Hayden and Krafth. Now they were in Breach of isolation rules and so were the club. On the 16th of december game with Leeds they had three of those positive covid players playing who are Hayden and Krafth and Carroll who both are on subs bench.

So many questions I'm afraid..

The isolation period is 10 days from your test. If they were tested on the 1st of December (the date that Guardian article was published) they would be free to play again the 11th. They didn’t play until the 12th (It’s also likely the testing occurred a few days earlier than the day of the Guardian article). 

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The isolation period is 10 days from your test. If they were tested on the 1st of December (the date that Guardian article was published) they would be free to play again the 11th. They didn’t play until the 12th (It’s also likely the testing occurred a few days earlier than the day of the Guardian article). 

When I had a covid scare and fell I'll, I rang 111 and they told me there was nothing that could be done at the time (which there wasnt due to it only just catching on to everyone), I was then told to isolate for 14 days and that was by NHS medical personnel. If it's really 10 days in football but 14 days for everyone else there is alot wrong there.

If you are tested positive for Covid it takes alot longer than 14 days to get rid of the thing, there have been people who have it and it stays with them for weeks and weeks.. Newcastle shouldn't of been playing the players who had tested positive for covid, they are putting others at risk by doing such a thing. Is the sport really that desperate to play games that they are willing to put others at risk or does it go by a club by club choice in how you see it as risk. I'm not sure the rules are as very clear in football towards covid as they are outside of the sport London.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

When I had a covid scare and fell I'll, I rang 111 and they told me there was nothing that could be done at the time (which there wasnt due to it only just catching on to everyone), I was then told to isolate for 14 days and that was by NHS medical personnel. If it's really 10 days in football but 14 days for everyone else there is alot wrong there.

If you are tested positive for Covid it takes alot longer than 14 days to get rid of the thing, there have been people who have it and it stays with them for weeks and weeks.. Newcastle shouldn't of been playing the players who had tested positive for covid, they are putting others at risk by doing such a thing. Is the sport really that desperate to play games that they are willing to put others at risk or does it go by a club by club choice in how you see it as risk. I'm not sure the rules are as very clear in football towards covid as they are outside of the sport London.

Really think about what you're suggesting for a minute. If opposition players suddenly began catching covid Newcastle could be sued for millions. Not to mention further disciplinary action and fines from the league.

All for a few points in a football game? It's also only Newcastle, why would the league be willing to risk everything for some Bruceball?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It used to be 14 days, then the govt changed it to 10 days for everyone.

Wilson just looking for contact so he could go down, and there really wasn’t any to speak of.   It was definitely not a case of the defender bringing down the striker.  Comical decision, but will be given every time in that situation, it seems.

7 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Wilson just looking for contact so he could go down, and there really wasn’t any to speak of.   It was definitely not a case of the defender bringing down the striker.  Comical decision, but will be given every time in that situation, it seems.

Unless it’s us 

There has been a bit of a rumour going around that Bruce has fell out with both Saint Maximin and Lascelles because of his tactical approach, the one regarding Saint Maximin has been going on for a while now.

Then today Bruce has come out and said both of them are out with long term covid.

Interesting to see where the truth lies.

Edited by VillaAlex

12 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

There has been a bit of a rumour going around that Bruce has fell out with both Saint Maximin and Lascelles because of his tactical approach, the one regarding Saint Maximin has been going on for a while now.

Then today Bruce has come out and said both of them are out with long term covid.

Interesting to see where the truth lies.

I thought Bruce said something about not commenting on player injuries for privacy issues (which I'm still confused by) and 'club sources' later told journalists they have Covid.

Â