Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, talking about Newcastle and Newcastle manager Bruce in the Newcastle thread really isn't as surprising as it might seem.

Not sure what the motivation is to do so.

I have always been grateful for what I've got, not making fun of those who haven't.

just a weird thread.

13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

There are countless other threads on the board that are nothing to do with Steve Bruce or Newcastle.

Just curious what the attraction is?.......there is plenty more managers and clubs to start a thread about too....but we don't.....just the same old tune.

Have we still got too many cabbages left, with nothing to do with them.🙄

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Just curious what the attraction is?.......there is plenty more managers and clubs to start a thread about too....but we don't.....just the same old tune.

He just got knocked out of the cup by a Brentford B team and his tactics were exposed. Just like when he was here. I can easily see why its trending

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, talking about Newcastle and Newcastle manager Bruce in the Newcastle thread really isn't as surprising as it might seem.

It just detracts from such a good time, we are having.

laughing at other folks misfortunes, is not a great trait to have.....it has a habit of coming back to bite you.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

No other manager was the last man to manage us. Plenty of people still mention managers from 50 years ago on a daily basis.

There is a little bit of a rivalry with Newcastle over the last few years since we relegated them.

Bruce is playing dreadful football there with all the old cliches after every game e.g. 'I wont make excuses, but' and Newcastle fans are starting to really hate their lot.

Hence there is a little bit of petty enjoyment of their situation.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

No other manager was the last man to manage us. Plenty of people still mention managers from 50 years ago on a daily basis.

There is a little bit of a rivalry with Newcastle over the last few years since we relegated them.

Bruce is playing dreadful football there with all the old cliches after every game e.g. 'I wont make excuses, but' and Newcastle fans are starting to really hate their lot.

I also dont think people are laughing at Newcastle either most on here seem to be pitying them at this stage

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Managers from yesteryear are brought up in positive circumstances, not ridicule.

the last line explains it very well ,my cue to leave this thread.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Managers from yesteryear are brought up in positive circumstances, not ridicule.

the last line explains it very well ,my cue to leave this thread.

For Ron Saunders that's true. I also read Garde, Sherwood and MON's names on here quite frequently. The Paul Lambert thread is still somewhat active. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Arteta get plenty of stick in their respective teams threads. 

Good for you for being the better man, but for a lot of people half the enjoyment of football is fans taking the piss out of each other. 

As for you leaving the thread, I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sne said:

No it doesn't, it adds to it.

Agree, not hard to understand why fans would revel in the misery of Newcastle fans given what's gone on between us in the past, then you chuck in Bruce on top who will still be discussed until he's finally hounded out of football for being a fraud (not whilst Robbie savage has his cheerleading skirt on though) 

If they dropped out of the PL and didn't have Bruce in charge then this thread goes quiet, if Bruce had stayed manager of Sheffield Wednesday then his thread goes quiet but as it is they're in and around where we will be so of course we'll talk about them, same with Leeds 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

When there's a discussion going on that I have no interest in, I just don't go to that thread tbh. Seems to work for me.

I should probably pop into the Brexit thread and tell people why are we talking about it, its not relevant anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I will always enjoy Steve Bruce and Paul Lambert doing badly.

I'm with you on Bruce, I think the man's a word removed. Lambert though, I view him as a nice enough bloke. Just a pretty crap manager. No hard feelings from me. 

• Like 1

Â