Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, they didn't this isn't true.

Under Benitez the players were well drilled, they were organised and they played in a highly structured way. Yes it was primarily defensive but it was not the same as the way Bruce has them playing.

And Bruce is getting more points on board, so who's the genius? ;)

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, they didn't this isn't true.

Under Benitez the players were well drilled, they were organised and they played in a highly structured way. Yes it was primarily defensive but it was not the same as the way Bruce has them playing.

Crucially there seemed to be a tactical plan beyond "keep it tight and see what happens".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, momo said:

Actually Benitez got 44 and then 45 in his last season and Bruce got 44 last season so not more but almost as many.

Just now, sne said:

Actually Benitez got 44 and then 45 in his last season and Bruce got 44 last season so not more but almost as many.

With players Benitez didn't want to manage, because he deemed them not good enough to be bought ;)

5 minutes ago, momo said:

Tough one...

I'd probably say the manager who has won 2 La Liga titles,1 UEFA Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 CL, 1 Super Cup, 2 Italian Super Cup, a FIFA Club World Cup, the Europa League, a Coppa Italia and the Championship. It suggests to me he is tactically superior to a guy who has won 2 play off finals. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Tough one...

I'd probably say the manager who has won 2 La Liga titles,1 UEFA Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 CL, 1 Super Cup, 2 Italian Super Cup, a FIFA Club World Cup, the Europa League, a Coppa Italia and the Championship. It suggests to me he is tactically superior to a guy who has won 2 play off finals. 

Sure, but he did nothing more with Newcastle than Bruce. He even relegated Newcastle.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Ok.... you are right... Bruce is a better manager than Rafa 🤦‍♂️

Oooh.... I never said that. But if that's how you do discussions, you're not worthy of my time. The constant bashing of people is unreal and childish, frankly.

4 minutes ago, momo said:

Really? He left because he didn't want the players Ashley brought in. What is silly about that? Think he said so himself.

Because it was irrelevant to your previous incorrect point re points of the two managers and the frankly odd suggestion that Bruce was the tactically more astute.

3 minutes ago, momo said:

Oooh.... I never said that. But if that's how you do discussions, you're not worthy of my time. The constant bashing of people is unreal and childish, frankly.

I'm paraphrasing. To summarise your actual points though,

* There is no difference in the football of Bruce and Rafa - which is wrong

* You questioned who the tactical genius was of the two suggesting it was actually Bruce - which is wrong

* You claimed Bruce was out performing Rafa on points - which is wrong

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You forgot the bit about rolling sleeves up, that is really important that bit.

Ah, but before you can do that you have to dust worself down. No point in trying to roll wor sleeves up, nevermind put wor boots on right, if we don’t do the basics first. 

• Like 1

Â