Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They scored an extra time winner in the cup replay away in the 116th minute (after blowing a 2-0 lead) 

ASM runs over to the fans to celebrate guy runs down some of the steps whips his cock out and starts windmilling (as you do) 

Somewhere between him and Newcastle blowing a 2-0 lead in a replay with a league 1 team there is plenty to talk about without rehashing the Bruce vs Smith stuff 

Thanks.

Newcastle are a private business and can decide for themselves who they allow on private property, but (without being a lawyer) I'd be surprised if there was a criminal case to answer, if there was no sexual aspect to it and he wasn't er, windmilling, in anyone in particular's direction.

As I say though, not a lawyer, so maybe I'm completely wrong. Certainly a baffling thing to decide to do.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't think Smith, Farke and Wilder were elite managers last season. Nor are Dyche and Potter. You don't have to be elite to have your own style of football, or even be very good to be honest. But, most of the good managers do.

And the trend in recent seasons is that teams with a clear identity, whether it be Warnock's kick and rush style, or Farke's passing style, tend to get promoted. In the 3 years we've been in the Championship I'd say Brighton were the only team got promoted that didn't have one. And possibly Newcastle, who were just brute forcing their way through the league with superior players.

As I said, it can and does happen that great Managers operate outside of the best clubs but are you trying to argue that they’re not in a significant minority and short supply? 

And justifying someone like Warnock or Pulis as having a defined style which is nothing that wasn’t being done 30 years ago is laughable, if they have a defined style then so does Bruce - defensive.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thanks.

Newcastle are a private business and can decide for themselves who they allow on private property, but (without being a lawyer) I'd be surprised if there was a criminal case to answer, if there was no sexual aspect to it and he wasn't er, windmilling, in anyone in particular's direction.

As I say though, not a lawyer, so maybe I'm completely wrong. Certainly a baffling thing to decide to do.

You can be placed on sex offenders list for pissing in public. 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

As I said, it can and does happen that great Managers operate outside of the best clubs but are you trying to argue that they’re not in a significant minority and short supply? 

And justifying someone like Warnock or Pulis as having a defined style which is nothing that wasn’t being done 30 years ago is laughable, if they have a defined style then so does Bruce - defensive.

I feel like we're in general agreement here, but we're making the same point with 2 different implications. You agree that he doesn't have any particular philosophy on how to win a football match, but that's okay because he's in the same boat as most other mediocre managers. Exactly, that's my whole point!

He'll never be more than an mediocre manager because of this and it's why he couldn't get us promoted. He'll only ever be able to eke out the bare minimum, which is still better than a whole host of managers to be fair, but it wasn't good enough for Aston Villa and shouldn't be good enough for anybody who aspires to more than just survival in the PL.

On 06/02/2020 at 12:42, Stevo985 said:

How is that blind admiration for Bruce?

I think loyalty would be a better word. I find the fact that someone would f disparage their own current manager in defence of some bloke who had since ****ed off to 2 different clubs since leaving us, astonishing. Utterly bizarre behaviour.

• Like 2

I know some will vehemently disagree with me, but having watched Newcastle a few times this year I think they are incredibly lucky to be where they are.

One stat that to me shows how deceptive league position can be is Dubravka’s saves:

18/19 - 38 games - 95 saves - 2.5/game

19/20 - 25 games - 103 saves - 4.12/game

No doubt I’ll now be told it shows “ Saint Rafa” was shit as he couldn’t motivate Dubravka to save as much as Bruce gets him to. Joke before anyone piles in...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I listened to an interview with ol potato this morning, even the interviewer said ‘dust yourselves down’. Twice. Why do the media love him so much?! 

Probably because he's media friendly.

At work I deal with hotel reps. I get on with the ones that are more engaging, friendly, etc. These same ones aren't the best ones at their job.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I listened to an interview with ol potato this morning, even the interviewer said ‘dust yourselves down’. Twice. Why do the media love him so much?! 

Chris Wilder is doing a good job right?

A quick google of "dust ourselves down chris wilder" returns over 2 million results. Nearly every game they lose he says it, or occasionally he varies it to dust ourselves off

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Chris Wilder is doing a good job right?

A quick google of "dust ourselves down chris wilder" returns over 2 million results. Nearly every game they lose he says it, or occasionally he varies it to dust ourselves off

Do you actually think all those are article about Sheffield Utd games?

I just tried it and the relevant links only went to the end of page two on Google.

Looks like he does say it a lot but seems you can discount [2mill - 20] of those.

I saw one of those stat lists recently that lists things like possession, chances created, shots etc.. and Newcastle were 20th for everything, they are definitely in a false position as we all alluded to about 2 months ago when they were winning a lot of games.

They will probably just have enough to stay up but I doubt there's a Newcastle fan out there who is happy with Bruce as manager.

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I saw one of those stat lists recently that lists things like possession, chances created, shots etc.. and Newcastle were 20th for everything, they are definitely in a false position as we all alluded to about 2 months ago when they were winning a lot of games.

They will probably just have enough to stay up but I doubt there's a Newcastle fan out there who is happy with Bruce as manager.

I think they'll comfortably stay up.

But I agree there won't be many who are happy about the football or with Bruce as manager.

Unfortunately for Newcastle fans there will be one person who is happy with it. Mike Ashley.

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

But they were exacty the same last year & the year before under football genius Benitez & people loved him

Â