Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is getting way off topic, but anybody who thinks we will 'breeze' the Championship needs to remember how we played in that division when Grealish wasn't fit, because that's what we'll look like. 

Even if we lose Jack I'd still fancy us to be right up there. In our seasons down there we still attracted big names like Snodgrass and Tammy on loan (and John Terry of course) so with FFP not messing us up I would expect a good transfer campaign of signing good players for championship and also a couple who could easily step up to prem.

Would go for Eze from QPR as Jack replacement, Joe Lolley (think Forest will sell if they don't go up), Dwight Gayle (although less of a need if Samatta stays as he can get 20 goals in championship) and at the back think Ben Gibson could be a Chester type signing for us given how out of favour he is at Burnley.

Get players of that calibre in and also convinced McGinn and Mings to stick around until January at least and I really don't see why the team couldn't be in for top 2 or even win the league.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cruddaz/status/1234996921594347520?s=21

He is starting to bite. Only a matter of time before "thick skinned" Brucey goes full damage control.

That's funny.

Brave, and probably silly, for a local reporter to not suckle at the Bruce teet because he's very very likely to be there into next season.

He'll have been in the firing line since putting the team away on Sunday Supplement.

Newcastle star Allan Saint-Maximin's future in doubt after fallout with Steve Bruce which saw winger dropped for Saturday's draw with Burnley - despite manager claiming he was injured

• Newcastle fan favourite Allan Saint-Maximin's future at the club is in doubt
  • He was dropped by boss Steve Bruce for Saturday's game against Burnley
  • There are reports that the players have grown frustrated at Bruce's tactics 

Link to the Daily Mail story Steve Bruce was unhappy about

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Dean Smith had done it we'd all be loving it. But it's Bruce sooooo

It also casts a bit of a shadow over the "Bruce only avoids criticism in the media because they are all his mates" myth.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

It also casts a bit of a shadow over the "Bruce only avoids criticism in the media because they are all his mates" myth.

Because he went absolutely mental at the first journo to call him out while in a job?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Says the guy that claims Pep "destroyed" Germany. 

Ok? Pep team did destroy BL. Do I think he's worth X amount more than another manager? No? It's BM FFS. Lol. Most managers destroy germany

Great point though mate. 

Edited by Bugzy1991

Personally I think it's probably better for us if they have a good end to the season as they play four or five of our relegation rivals, and if they can win their next two it might make it that little bit easier for us when we go to St James Park. But then again those games against our rivals are mostly away games I think, so it's possible that they could still get dragged into the bottom three but I wouldn't be counting on it.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They made the 10 man advantage count. something we've been incapable of doing in away games so far. All but safe now.

Most teams tend to play better against 10 men...

Looks like we are the exception not the rule.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Most teams tend to play better against 10 men...

Looks like we are the exception not the rule.

Spectacularly so when you think we were only 1 down at Watford when they got someone sent off and lost that 3-0. Also conceded 3 goals to Arsenal with them having 10 on the pitch.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They made the 10 man advantage count. something we've been incapable of doing in away games so far. All but safe now.

Strangely, we also struggled against 10 men when Bruce was in charge. Remember his comments about how it’s more difficult playing against 10 men? 

• Like 1

Same mail journo that said bruce & maximin had a huge bust up now says maximin said he was not happy at being left out of the team but there was no bust up or row. In other words he completely made it up...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8088427/Allan-Saint-Maximin-confirms-not-happy-left-Newcastle-team-weekend.html

Allan Saint-Maximin has confirmed that he was 'not happy' after being left out of the Newcastle team against Burnley last weekend.

Sportsmail revealed last week that the winger was upset that manager Steve Bruce had suggested afterwards he was not fit enough to start. Saint-Maximin, we are told, believed he was fit.

We understand Bruce had told the squad he wanted 'warriors' against Burnley and, while there was no physical or verbal confrontation with Saint-Maximin, the Frenchman felt aggrieved at being 'dropped'.

'I feel good, my body feels good. I have been running a lot and trying to help my team,' he told the Shields Gazette.

'I stay on the bench against Burnley, and after, it's normal, when you don't play, you cannot be happy.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

As Bruce said, he’d already had 2 hamstring injuries and wanted to be extra cautious with him by resting him for that game. I know this goes against that other myth “Bruce gets all his players injured” but there you go.

Â