Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Honestly I love it, too funny. Rock bottom Norwich thumped them again at the weekend, still got a point.

If we pull off a miracle and stay up I'll look back with such joy at their season, total comedy. It's a farce how many points they've got. 

"It's an insult to call us lucky"

I could change tomorrow and play the way Norwich do quite easily but I think that, if we changed to four at the back, we’d be in trouble. The players we’ve got are comfortable in the system we have. It’s the most effective way of keeping this team in the Premier League. It doesn’t really look like ‘my’ team yet but, as soon as I try to open us up a bit, we start to struggle.”

Of course you could Steve :crylaugh:

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 03:29, Kiwivillan said:

5pts ahead with 4th worst goals for in the league. I wouldn't bet on that

The weird thing is that Sheff utd have only scored 2 more goals than Newcastle and they are having a brilliant season and nobody criticises them for dull football yet In the 25 games sheff utd have played there have only been 49 goals in total, Other than Palace 51 everyone else (including Newcastle) is into the 60's/70's/80's for total goals scored/conceded in matches

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

The weird thing is that Sheff utd have only scored 2 more goals than Newcastle and they are having a brilliant season and nobody criticises them for dull football yet In the 25 games sheff utd have played there have only been 49 goals in total, Other than Palace 51 everyone else (including Newcastle) is into the 60's/70's/80's for total goals scored/conceded in matches

Did newly promoted Sheffield United in the 1st season in the top flight in 15 years spend 40 million on a centre forward. Then isolate the forward by playing as mant defensive players as possible 🤔

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did newly promoted Sheffield United in the 1st season in the top flight in 15 years spend 40 million on a centre forward. Then isolate the forward by playing as mant defensive players as possible 🤔

it's not like they are playing hugely entertaining football either though is it. In the 5 league games since jan 1st Sheff Utd have managed 13 shots on target, scoring 3 goals and had posession stats of 25, 47, 39, 33 & 39% Newcaste have also managed 13 shots on goal in their 5 games, scoring 4 goals and had posession stats of 23, 34, 30, 45 & 43%. Look remarkably similar considering one team are apparently playing really well & the other, shit

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Honestly I love it, too funny. Rock bottom Norwich thumped them again at the weekend, still got a point.

If we pull off a miracle and stay up I'll look back with such joy at their season, total comedy. It's a farce how many points they've got. 

Of course you could Steve :crylaugh:

He's said this at damn near every team he's been at :lol: 

If he couldn't do it in the Champo with the most expensively assembled squad in history, when is he going to do it I wonder.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's said this at damn near every team he's been at :lol: 

If he couldn't do it in the Champo with the most expensively assembled squad in history, when is he going to do it I wonder.

I'd love to watch him have a go at Barcelona or somewhere like that.

"Leo, keep it tight at the back wor lad. Best offence is a good defence"

• Haha 1

Bruce media buddies trying to lick his arse as usual, journalist who knows the club and they try to pick apart his knowledge as Bruce is a proper football man

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'd love to watch him have a go at Barcelona or somewhere like that.

"Leo, keep it tight at the back wor lad. Best offence is a good defence"

Leo your 2nd choice behind our new signing Connor Wickham

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bruce media buddies trying to lick his arse as usual, journalist who knows the club and they try to pick apart his knowledge as Bruce is a proper football man

When did this “media buddies” thing start and what is it based on?

Joelinton injured tonight.

Currently about to start extra time against Oxford after dropping a 2-0 lead and conceding  in the 94th minute. Newcastle had 3 shots on target all night the 3rd one coming in the 85th minute.

52% possession thou so that's not bad considering Oxford are pretty high up in League 1. Proving they can play like Norwich when they want to.

Really hope they end up winning tonight.

• Haha 1

Another convincing performance. I'm sure he'll use this preposterous amount of luck to revamp their style and they'll look a different outfit next year.

Their "tactic" definitely won't be...sit back and defend for your lives, see what happens going forward.

I want to put the Bruce memories to bed, but then I see his teams play football on TV and it all comes pouring back. How he is still in football, beyond his stubbornness and his media cronies, is beyond me. 

There was one team on the pitch in the last seventy minutes of that game yesterday who wanted to play through the opposition and it was Oxford. You could see they were technically better drilled and had multiple outballs depending on the situation. Newcastle, by contrast, were playing balls into the channel or hoping to hit it over Oxford. When Rafa left, some of those players complained that Bruce had no idea in training and it showed last night. 

It was the unpredictability of Saint Maximin and Atsu that won them the game. While this might be compared with Barca’s ‘do what you like in the final third’, with Bruce, is smacks of his inability to do anything beyond rely on an individual’s brilliance to save his job. Conor H must’ve saved SB his job four or five times with us. 

Yes, he worked under Fergie but this does not translate to being a convincing manager on the twentieth century. Whatever you think of Newcastle as a club, it’s embarrassing to British football that a dinosaur like this is allowed to continue in post. 

Too many memories came flooding back last night. Rant over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I want to put the Bruce memories to bed, but then I see his teams play football on TV and it all comes pouring back. How he is still in football, beyond his stubbornness and his media cronies, is beyond me. 

There was one team on the pitch in the last seventy minutes of that game yesterday who wanted to play through the opposition and it was Oxford. You could see they were technically better drilled and had multiple outballs depending on the situation. Newcastle, by contrast, were playing balls into the channel or hoping to hit it over Oxford. When Rafa left, some of those players complained that Bruce had no idea in training and it showed last night. 

It was the unpredictability of Saint Maximin and Atsu that won them the game. While this might be compared with Barca’s ‘do what you like in the final third’, with Bruce, is smacks of his inability to do anything beyond rely on an individual’s brilliance to save his job. Conor H must’ve saved SB his job four or five times with us. 

Yes, he worked under Fergie but this does not translate to being a convincing manager on the twentieth century. Whatever you think of Newcastle as a club, it’s embarrassing to British football that a dinosaur like this is allowed to continue in post. 

IIRC, Snodgrass also pulled out a load of brilliant strikes to paper over the cracks when Bruce was here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Kodjia pretty much saved his job in that first season. Even with him pulling rabbits out of the hat every week we still finished 13th, but it was enough to give Bruce a proper crack at it.

22 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

it's not like they are playing hugely entertaining football either though is it. In the 5 league games since jan 1st Sheff Utd have managed 13 shots on target, scoring 3 goals and had posession stats of 25, 47, 39, 33 & 39% Newcaste have also managed 13 shots on goal in their 5 games, scoring 4 goals and had posession stats of 23, 34, 30, 45 & 43%. Look remarkably similar considering one team are apparently playing really well & the other, shit

But, but, its BRUCE who has the pals in the media bigging him up...

Â