Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Its basically like the annual 30m that our owners inject. 

They're under the same limits our owners are for cash injection. But seemingly instead of spreading it out evenly over the 3 year 90m ffp injection limit. They're doing 57m now, and have 43m left to inject over the 3 year period from this date.

That's what I figured.

Presumably ends up in share premium account on balance sheet? Does this affect how the funds can be used or mean anything in particular, as opposed to how our owners have paid in at the nominal share value?

6 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

That's what I figured.

Presumably ends up in share premium account on balance sheet? Does this affect how the funds can be used or mean anything in particular, as opposed to how our owners have paid in at the nominal share value?

Not sure on that front.

The club don't make more money from it. But whoever bought it is not getting back their money when they come to sell it. Likely some Saudi Arabian government fund that won't care about the lost 56.99999995m.

It's a bit weird not spreading it out evenly. They're obviously expecting to not need to inject as much next year or the year after (simply because they won't be able to having spunked nearly 2 years worth in one go). They better hope they maintain European places.

Edited by MrBlack

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Not sure on that front.

The club don't make more money from it. But whoever bought it is not getting back their money when they come to sell it. Likely some Saudi Arabian government fund that won't care about the lost 56.99999995m.

It's a bit weird not spreading it out evenly. They're obviously expecting to not need to inject as much next year or the year after (simply because they won't be able to having spunked nearly 2 years worth in one go). They better hope they maintain European places.

They really don't care how it looks, they will do what they like, when they like and employ the best KCs to fight off any challenge that may be brought by the PL as and if the PL gets around to it. Just watch them spend another £250m in the next window on the back of some dodgy shirt sponsorship. :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, John said:

They really don't care how it looks, they will do what they like, when they like and employ the best KCs to fight off any challenge that may be brought by the PL as and if the PL gets around to it. Just watch them spend another £250m in the next window on the back of some dodgy shirt sponsorship. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's the bigger issue. Artificially inflated deals that the PL said they must pre-approve to ensure they're market rate. Only for Newcastle to go and sign a shirt sleeve deal with Noon that exceeds any clubs shirt sleeve sponsor from a club outside the European places ever, by nearly 100%.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

That's what I figured.

It doesn't dilute existing share holders what they did.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well done PL just killing the game off. 5p for 57m is a absolute joke. No one is competing with that.

The no one is competing bit I can go with, but the share price thing - that's a slight misnomer I think Dem. When shares are initially issued they have a paper value. They retain that paper value permanently and forever. But the price those shares are traded for changes. So, for a listed company, ordinary shares of certificate value 2.5p, for example, might be bought and sold for (say) £9.30. e.g. https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/b/bae-systems-plc-ordinary-2.5p

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 11.23.23.jpg

So this example of a 5p Newcastle ordinary share going for 57 million is just an example, (albeit a manipulated one) of that principle. It's a demonstration, you're right, of their owner's ability to provide enormous finance, but that is there regardless of the actual buying of a single share for a huge sum. I guess they could have bought 1000 shares for the same £57m, or 100,000  - it's kind of irrelevant how many were bought, the relevant thing is the money put in, and that is, or should be, regulated by FFP (P&S) rules.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Man choosing for 4th between spurs and newcastle is like asking to be set on fire or drown

Come on plop or anyone else get 4th

Arggghhhh, as much as I don’t want Newcastle or Spurs to get 4th… I hate Liverpool with a passion and it would be funny them playing in Europa or Conference league. 

Can we just ask UEFA to forfeit the 4th place entry.

• Like 1

I'd love to see them slip to 7th and end up in the conference League but I suspect they will end up 6th and in the Europa, with Chelsea just behind them.

I'd much rather Spurs or Liverpool got the CL spot than this lot. 

On 18/03/2023 at 18:09, Marka Ragnos said:

In the title of this thread, is the stupid lack of an apostrophe in "Lets" intentionally left that way because, erm, this is about Newcastle? Or is it just too pedantic to fix?

Definitely not too pedantic. We need to nip errors like this in the butt.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sne said:

Really hope Brighton doesn't get it. Don't need one of our closer competitors picking up a couple £100m and becoming more attractive to bettet players.

That's the catch-22 we're in isn't it.

We can hope Chelsea/Liverpool/Tottenham etc screw the pooch, miss out and find it hilarious, whilst a non-offensive club like Brighton take advantage but then it's just widening the distance between Brighton and us and making life harder for ourselves.

On 21/03/2023 at 09:20, sne said:

Really hope Brighton doesn't get it. Don't need one of our closer competitors picking up a couple £100m and becoming more attractive to bettet players.

They don't need money to attract better players. You seen there recruitment. 

Â