Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Yeah to be fair you’re not wrong. I’ve had the experience after games and after gigs and it’s horrendous! 

Remember when Birmingham was rejected as site for the national stadium in favour of rebuilding it in a place which is a nightmare to get and out of? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Why are Sky being so obsessive over Newcastle? The commentators are acting like they’re the official club of the country and as if them losing is heartbreaking for everyone. 

They've always been one of the media darlings. Don't forget they love their goalscoring strikers up there etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

They've always been one of the media darlings. Don't forget they love their goalscoring strikers up there etc

According to Sky they are everyone's second favourite team, which is news to me. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Why are Sky being so obsessive over Newcastle? The commentators are acting like they’re the official club of the country and as if them losing is heartbreaking for everyone. 

Sky still love them from the 1990s and being the nearly team of the decade so they've always had a hard on for them and from their side they probably find it easier to sell and promote their games to the general public than likes of us and Everton (when they were comfortable top 10) so this takeover and them being relevant to premier league again is great news from their POV.

• Like 1

Just now, calcifer said:

News to me, i despise the club and their fans.

But Skysports constantly tell us how much everybody wants to see them win a trophy. Maybe someone should inform them it's not actually the case. 

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

But Skysports constantly tell us how much everybody wants to see them win a trophy. Maybe someone should inform them it's not actually the case. 

I know, i would gladly inform them but they would probably change the words to suit the Sky agenda.

Shane from Albrighton called us to say how much he loves Newcastle, that their fans are wonderful and wants them to win the league.   No i said that i hate the club, their fans are a bunch of fat shirtless words removed and hope they win F all 🤣

On 26/02/2023 at 19:59, Genie said:

Remember when Birmingham was rejected as site for the national stadium in favour of rebuilding it in a place which is a nightmare to get and out of? 

Club Birmingham stadium is an absolute non starter, no one can touch Wembleys corporate draw, the FA know it and so do uefa

it's shit for fans to travel to, to get in to and out of, it bizarrely mixes fans outside and due to club Wembley also inside (the FA Cup semi final vs chelsea had loads of their fans in the club Wembley section between the upper and lower sections of villa fans, tons of stuff was being thrown) meaning there's always trouble, the local council have flooded it with development meaning that it's lost its iconic views but at least it's no longer an absolute shit hole, the facilities in the normal seats are not actually that great, the service is shit, its overpriced

But the men from the city with the corporate credit cards continue to plough money in to the place on their day out, the FA know it and UEFA know it, I don't think a stadium outside of London gets the 2022 euros final or the multiple CL finals

A stadium that is based on corporate greed... Its modern footballs crown jewell

• Like 3

Â