Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They wouldn't have that tally if four of the usual suspects were not below par. They'd have dropped points to them.

Good lesson for the team there with that third. They will press high, so be on your guard.

That's just not true.  Every season teams take unexpected points.  What's happened this time is that Newcastle are being incredibly consistent.  They deserve to be where they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Think we can beat them in a few weeks?

Of course they arent some unbeatable team. Arsenal and City the only good teams in England this season

That Forest idiot handballing in the last minute basically gave them that fresh impetus for Newcastle to make top 4.

One thing we need for next season is good alternative to Ollie as Isak getting fit has also been crucial as now they can just rotate him and Wilson for the run in and both offer them something different in final third.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They deserve to be where they are.

Of course they do. They still wouldn't be there if Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea weren't all below par though. How lovely for them.

I'll just post these again for a laugh.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. 

Sickening it probably would have been us if we had Unai all season.

On 03/04/2023 at 10:39, Tomaszk said:

Exactly like Bournemouth under Howe, a horribly dirty side.

All their success is down to signing Botman and Guimaraes IMO. Nothing else.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Of course they do. They still wouldn't be there if Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea weren't all below par though. How lovely for them.

I'll just post these again for a laugh.

We've beaten all of Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea.  Does this mean our revival has been a false dawn because it's purely down to those sides having an off season?

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We've beaten all of Man Utd, Spurs and Chelsea.  Does this mean our revival has been a false dawn because it's purely down to those sides having an off season?

No. We have Unai Emery.

It's ok to disagree on some things.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No because we had a charlatan manager

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Also they've got a lot of freak goals like that

They’ve had some serious luck with freak goals and decisions going there way for as well as they’ve played at times 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In that case looking at the table United and Tottenham also 😜

I think Brighton and Newcastle have been a lot more consistent than both of these teams, especially Spurs. I think Newcastle have lost just 3 games all season if I'm not wrong.

I **** despise Newcastle. That's not new, unfortunately I have always hated them, which just means I doubly hate them now. They were hilarious under Ashley and I still hated them, now they're brilliant and I just wish they'd **** off and die all the more.

Horrible club, odious fanbase. Shame, as I like Tyneside otherwise 😅

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Of course they arent some unbeatable team. Arsenal and City the only good teams in England this season

Newcastle are tougher to beat than Manchester City according to the results this season. 

Â