Christian Benteke

Kwan

And that's your opinion. I don't think he's looked lazy or stroppy.

He's looked frustrated and annoyed. I'm not sure that deserves criticism.

He's definitely looked both lazy and stroppy... as well as frustrated and annoyed.

All of which are traits that we shouldn't be visibly seeing from any player at the club - let alone our best one!

Thats a bit harsh. If we see frustration on the pitch its generally its a good thing, shows passion for the game. 

We always see it from the top players, Ronaldo, Costa, Rooney, Van Persie. Kompany is always having a fit at the players, even Gerrard has pulled a strop now and again its not something you can pr should hide!

There's a big difference between the captain of a football club telling players what they should be doing and a player just stropping.

The thing with someone like Ronaldo doing it is that he's surrounded by world class players whereby it doesn't really matter much... whilst also being arguably the best player in the World himself.  Benteke and Villa are nowhere near this.

I don't think any of that is being harsh on Benteke (nor any other player at our club).  He needs to sort his act out and knuckle down - especially if he wants a big move to be honest.

• Like 1

No action being taken by the FA against Stirling for the slap he gave a Swansea player over Christmas, which for me was worse than the one Benteke got his ban for. Good to see refereeing consistency no matter whether you're a Belgian playing for Villa or a full England International playing for Liverpool.

• Like 1

He's definitely looked both lazy and stroppy... as well as frustrated and annoyed.

All of which are traits that we shouldn't be visibly seeing from any player at the club - let alone our best one!

Thats a bit harsh. If we see frustration on the pitch its generally its a good thing, shows passion for the game. 

We always see it from the top players, Ronaldo, Costa, Rooney, Van Persie. Kompany is always having a fit at the players, even Gerrard has pulled a strop now and again its not something you can pr should hide!

There's a big difference between the captain of a football club telling players what they should be doing and a player just stropping.

The thing with someone like Ronaldo doing it is that he's surrounded by world class players whereby it doesn't really matter much... whilst also being arguably the best player in the World himself.  Benteke and Villa are nowhere near this.

I don't think any of that is being harsh on Benteke (nor any other player at our club).  He needs to sort his act out and knuckle down - especially if he wants a big move to be honest.

Benteke is not surrounded by world class players no, He is surrounded by players who can't even pick a pass to help him score. When Benteke is on it, its mostly all his own doing, he can't do everything himself all of the time. Im not whole heartly defending him, its just I can more than see where his moodymess and frustration is coming from.

If you haven't the tools to do the job, you get pissed!!

No action being taken by the FA against Stirling for the slap he gave a Swansea player over Christmas, which for me was worse than the one Benteke got his ban for. Good to see refereeing consistency no matter whether you're a Belgian playing for Villa or a full England International playing for Liverpool.

The referee saw it apparently :D

Was he lazy when he was bullying the united defence only a few games ago?

One criticism of him is that I dont think he sees a great pass. He always picks up the ball 35-40 yards from the goal, and Andi almost always makes a run for it, yet Benteke is almost always too slow and instead of playing a through ball, he just plays it to his feet out wide. And we all know what happens when Andi isnt at full speed....

The late chance he had against Sunderland theres a few forwards that would have taken that. I don't think we can blame our midfeid players for Benteke not scoring. Theres been opportunities for him but he hasn't made the right movement.  

I think Kozak would have got on the end of some these crosses from Bacuna and Grealish. Hes nowhere near as talented as Benteke but he's movement in the box is better. 

Edited by PaulC

Just put Kozak in the field and send benteke to the B-squad. seriously getting pissed off about al this crap.

edit: better idea: just break his contract is he if so **** i don't see the point of keeping him here. if i see arguments as lazy.. some of you have clearly no idea of how hard he has worked to be back on the pitch he is  way earlier on the pitch because he has worked 24/7 with lieven maesschalck. and trust me i would be more frustrated if i was him if you see what squad is behind him.. and while im honest yes he is wasting his time here. 

Edited by Belgian guy

Just put Kozak in the field and send benteke to the B-squad. seriously getting pissed off about al this crap.

Why are you getting so worked up over different opinions? We're Villa fans, not just fans of Benteke like yourself. He's not untouchable.

because i'm getting tired of reading that he is lazy. just bench him or get a coach who actually knows something about tactics and doesn't just depends on 1 player.

He has pretty much all football technique he'll ever need already, just needs to learn the game of football now: Positioning, seeing what happens 20 yards away from him, the offside rule. Once he gets all that he could be a top 5 striker in the world.

Why are you getting so worked up over different opinions? We're Villa fans, not just fans of Benteke like yourself. He's not untouchable.

because i'm getting tired of reading that he is lazy. just bench him or get a coach who actually knows something about tactics and doesn't just depends on 1 player.

Are you Christian? Come on admit it, you are aren't you? Happy New Year! 

• Like 1

You're making out every post is anti Benteke!

Speaking for myself he's one of the best players I've seen wear our shirt. All people are saying is that he could do a bit more in terms of his positioning in the box and busting a gut to get on the end of crosses.

Unlike yourself the majority here spend their money following this club. They're entitled to an opinion and just because you disagree it doesn't warrant throwing your toys out the pram.

• Like 1

Â