Christian Benteke

Kwan

Superb all round performance, absolute class. He rarely blasts the ball either, preferring to place it instead. What was all the nonsense with Bacuna though? Mildly disappointing to see him still chuntering on after the final whistle.

He was wrong, too. But I'll let him off.

Can we please stop all this defeatist bullcrap regarding Benteke's future? It's been the same thing every transfer window since he joined us, and guess what? He's still here, and no, it is not a foregone conclusion that he's leaving us any time soon.

Every time a player plays well for us, people start crying about him leaving. Just bloody enjoy him while he IS here.

YES SIR.

I don't know why he wasn't busting a gut to get to the back post when Bacuna squared it, but other than that it was a very good performance and a top class finish.

I think he just gambled on Bacuna standing it up to the back post, but it never happened.

In all honesty I think the ball from Bacuna was meant for N'zogbia (and it very nearly was perfect) and just happened to make it through to Benteke when Nzogbia missed it.

I felt the same about Delph when Benteke squared it for him. He seemed to slow down a little which gave Jones opportunity to block it.

That's the one thing missing from Delph's game, the ability to finish chances like that.

I felt the same about Delph when Benteke squared it for him. He seemed to slow down a little which gave Jones opportunity to block it.

That's the one thing missing from Delph's game, the ability to finish chances like that.

Nope. His delivery of passes in the final 3rd is also awful. Other than that and his finishing, he's a great player.

Superb all round performance, absolute class. He rarely blasts the ball either, preferring to place it instead. What was all the nonsense with Bacuna though? Mildly disappointing to see him still chuntering on after the final whistle.

He was wrong, too. But I'll let him off.

Well if I was the best striker I'd always expect the pass to me if it was on, despite it being a tough pass....he was at fault though for not running into the box expecting either a pass to him, or the ball running long.

I'm glad he had a go at Bacuna, shows he is passionate and determined to get us out of this tricky situation, even if league places say we're doing okay.

Arrogant players are the best if they're that way because they consistently perform and back their own ability.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

I don't think there's any chance we'll be able to keep him next summer. He is a 'Top Top Player'. I expect him to go to Liverpool or Spurs for 25 million-ish.

Unlikely, it is highly probable that we will be competing with those teams in a year or two. Benteke will leave for a regular Champions League club IMO.

I don't want to see him go, but it maybe the only way of raising funds to improve the team.

It just means relying on the scouting system to keep coming up with gems and gradually improve the team by incremental signings over a given period of transfer market success.

We have come through a period of over ten years when the opposite has been the order of the day.....where just a scattering of Players have come off and the majority have not.

We have a long way to go, its probably a bit early to be hanging on to players.....unless of course we can take the easier route of ....rich owner and buying players to go with the good ones we've got.

I think the former is more likely chance we have.

His overall game still needs to improve.... but there is not many players who COULD score a goal like that.

but his presence does lift the other players.

Edited by TRO

I don't think there's any chance we'll be able to keep him next summer. He is a 'Top Top Player'. I expect him to go to Liverpool or Spurs for 25 million-ish.

Unlikely, it is highly probable that we will be competing with those teams in a year or two. Benteke will leave for a regular Champions League club IMO.

I like the optimism, but I can't see us on their level any time soon.

Â