Christian Benteke

Kwan

I know what you are saying Steve but there's a danger there that without him we become even more lost and without ideas. I'd just like others to take a bit of the pressure off him is what I think I mean

It's difficult for others to take the pressure off him because he's the only world class player we have. He is a complete striker, physically and technically, and is certainly miles ahead of any of our other players which is why we see such a difference when he plays.

He was getting caught offside a fair bit against Leicester the commentators were saying it was poor him being offside all the time. I couldn't decide whether it was Benteke or that those playing the ball were a bit slow to see the pass. Probably sometimes one, sometimes the other but it's got to be frustrating if you view the game much quicker than teammates.

I think its more Benteke myself. 

I know what you are saying Steve but there's a danger there that without him we become even more lost and without ideas. I'd just like others to take a bit of the pressure off him is what I think I mean

It's difficult for others to take the pressure off him because he's the only world class player we have. He is a complete striker, physically and technically, and is certainly miles ahead of any of our other players which is why we see such a difference when he plays.
He was getting caught offside a fair bit against Leicester the commentators were saying it was poor him being offside all the time. I couldn't decide whether it was Benteke or that those playing the ball were a bit slow to see the pass. Probably sometimes one, sometimes the other but it's got to be frustrating if you view the game much quicker than teammates.

I think its more Benteke myself.

Leicester played a high line and he looked to take advantage of it. He did a couple of times and probably should have had a goal to show for it.

I don't see it as a negative myself. It's something he'll improve upon I'm sure and with better players releasing the ball earlier it will become less of a "thing". Unfortunately that probably won't be here!

If I were a scout, I'd mark it down as a positive attribute that needs tweaking ever so slightly.

Yep, clearly not on the same page as everyone else for much of the game. One or two touches made me sit up, but I suppose he was a bit isolated given the emphasis was more on defence after the sending off.

Just hang onto the ball! You can tell when he doesn't fancy it because he suddenly decides flicks are the way to go and refuses to hold it.

Oh man, that chance at the end...Christian...please...get your foot through it!

Dont get the problem with tekkers yesterday  no more than a couple of inches away from winning us the game. Frustrating that he missed his chances, but worst player on the pitch?

Richardson, Nzogbia and Weimann were all close to useless in that game. Cleverley was pretty poor in possession.

Dont get the problem with tekkers yesterday no more than a couple of inches away from winning us the game. Frustrating that he missed his chances, but worst player on the pitch?

Richardson, Nzogbia and Weimann were all close to useless in that game. Cleverley was pretty poor in possession.

Maybe better to say that worst compared to his level and my expectations. He wasn't involved for some reason. Edited by AVTuco

Â