Christian Benteke

Kwan

I didn't like his reaction at the end of the game, when he was clearly frustrated with Bacuna. Frustration is understandable but I found it a bit dickish.

If Bacuna played that ball good we would have won the game. i understand his frustration.

• Like 1

He really is a great centre forward, we should cherish him while we still have him, i think he will play for one of europe's elite clubs. He was a great find by lambert, the manager should take all credit

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I didn't like his reaction at the end of the game, when he was clearly frustrated with Bacuna. Frustration is understandable but I found it a bit dickish.

If Bacuna played that ball good we would have won the game. i understand his frustration.

I understand his frustration, but the ball in by Bacuna was very very good. 

no the ball wasn't good if it was good Benteke would have just tapped the ball in.

The ball would have been very good for Benteke had it not been Benteke and had been Usain Bolt instead

There was no way he was going to get on the end of that

Maybe, but he also didn't anticipate it correctly.

I think if it was Andi instead of Zog, we would've won.

no the ball wasn't good if it was good Benteke would have just tapped the ball in.

The ball was never getting to Benteke. The best option was the one Bacuna chose.

• Like 3

Benteke seemed to be too busy waving his hands in the air and was practically jogging towards the goal, if he had really sprinted to get in at the back post I'd understand but he didn't. Shouldn't really give Bacuna too much stick for that one.

However, that goal he scored today was simply world class. One of the best I've seen at Villa Park for while. 

Edited by Farlz

I don't understand the stick Bacunas getting.

If Benteke had of sprinted instead of strolled towards goal then he would of been left with a tap in rather than a tantrum.

It really is that simple.

• Like 2

I think you're reading in to this a bit too much.

Player's get frustrated - sometimes they have a go at other people on the team but they're actually annoyed at themselves. It happens in sport. We aren't going to see a live action apology after the game when everyone's calmed down. 

Can we please stop all this defeatist bullcrap regarding Benteke's future? It's been the same thing every transfer window since he joined us, and guess what? He's still here, and no, it is not a foregone conclusion that he's leaving us any time soon.

Every time a player plays well for us, people start crying about him leaving. Just bloody enjoy him while he IS here.

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 4

Superb all round performance, absolute class. He rarely blasts the ball either, preferring to place it instead. What was all the nonsense with Bacuna though? Mildly disappointing to see him still chuntering on after the final whistle.

Â