Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'd rather have him fully fit for Everton and QPR than rush him for City. I reckon ten minutes at the end of the City game, regardless of the score, will be about our limit of Tekkers until after the international break. Hop will it will be a break for Benteke too, don't wanna see us take it easy on him only for Belgium to then stretch him and push his recovery back.

I'd rather have him fully fit for Everton and QPR than rush him for City. I reckon ten minutes at the end of the City game, regardless of the score, will be about our limit of Tekkers until after the international break. Hop will it will be a break for Benteke too, don't wanna see us take it easy on him only for Belgium to then stretch him and push his recovery back.

Fortunately he's not in the Belgium squad.

Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea/ENG), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool/ENG), Jean-François Gillet (Torino/ITA)

Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Sunderland/ENG), Laurent Ciman (Standard Liege), Jason Denayer (Celtic/SCO), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City/ENG), Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit St Petersburg/RUS), Sebastien Pocognoli (West Bromwich Albion/ENG), Jelle Van Damme (Standard Liege), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG)

Midfielders: Nacer Chadli (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG), Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg/GER), Steven Defour (Anderlecht), Moussa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United/ENG), Radja Nainggolan (AS Roma/ITA), Axel Witsel (Zenit St Petersburg/RUS)

Strikers: Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco (AS Monaco/FRA), Eden Hazard (Chelsea/ENG), Adnan Januzaj (Manchester United/ENG), Romelu Lukaku (Everton/ENG), Dries Mertens (Naples/ITA), Divock Origi (Lille/FRA)

We all know he is too good for us. But other clubs won't come in for him big time this summer unless he has a stormer. So then we won't make a huge profit and he won't sign with two years left. We need to increase his wages now to maximize the use of him or profit on him.

We don't need to increase his wages until he proves that he is fit enough to last the season.

We all know he is too good for us. But other clubs won't come in for him big time this summer unless he has a stormer. So then we won't make a huge profit and he won't sign with two years left. We need to increase his wages now to maximize the use of him or profit on him.

We don't need to increase his wages until he proves that he is fit enough to last the season.

I disagree. He is our only world class player and if we want to keep him we have to take a chance. If he proves himself worthy of a new contract then do you think we are the only ones who sees that?

Much as I want to see him back - hope we have learnt from last season not to rush him. Weve got more points on the board than many of us dared hope for - and a game on saturday where anything is a bonus - I would rather wait and have him 100% fit for our winnable games (yes I know we beat last season - but you get the point)

• Like 1

Much as I want to see him back - hope we have learnt from last season not to rush him. Weve got more points on the board than many of us dared hope for - and a game on saturday where anything is a bonus - I would rather wait and have him 100% fit for our winnable games (yes I know we beat last season - but you get the point)

Absolutely. We're not in trouble, in fact far from it. We do need CB back in order to compete in all areas of the pitch, but no way on this Earth should Lambert risk him until there's little doubt about his readiness.

I disagree. He is our only world class player and if we want to keep him we have to take a chance. If he proves himself worthy of a new contract then do you think we are the only ones who sees that?

Thankfully you are not the one handing out contracts.

Touch of the Martin O'Neills you have got there.

I can see what you mean. But IF and that is a big IF we are ever going to claw our way back to the top, we need world class players. Due to the FFP we can't buy them so we need to find gems like Benteke and hold them for as long as we can. At some point we will be forced to sell him, but a that time we need crazy money for him. That is why I want to tie him up for at least one more year. It might cost us 10-15K more a week. That is 720K a year + the extra years wages that is 1 mill. In all less than 2 mill for a move that significantly strengthens our hand or gives us a year more of a world class player. Is that to big a gamble? I don't think so.  

• Like 1

And are you seriously comparing an extension to Benteke costing 2 mill tops with the signings of Harewood for more than I care to remember and Super Heskey? And are you basing all this on doubts that Benteke will get back to his best? I think he will, but it might take 6 months and then how much good will he have done us this season? and will his price be as high as it should?

I can see what you mean. But IF and that is a big IF we are ever going to claw our way back to the top, we need world class players. Due to the FFP we can't buy them so we need to find gems like Benteke and hold them for as long as we can. At some point we will be forced to sell him, but a that time we need crazy money for him. That is why I want to tie him up for at least one more year. It might cost us 10-15K more a week. That is 720K a year + the extra years wages that is 1 mill. In all less than 2 mill for a move that significantly strengthens our hand or gives us a year more of a world class player. Is that to big a gamble? I don't think so.

Are you saying that he's world class?

Â