Christian Benteke

Kwan

Not really - Bannan did well in the middle of the park holding off a player and exchanged passes nicely (from what I remember?) but the backheel from Benteke and the run from Weimann is what made the goal.

Edit:  For clarity, at no point have I discredited Bannan here - your comment seems a bit strange in that regard DCJonah.  As I said "the whole goal was beautiful in fairness"; Bannan's contribution included.

Edited by bobzy

Sorry I was just trying to be funny after seeing previous discussions about bannan and his contribution to that goal.

I've clearly failed at it.

I liked it :) I just think bobzy needs to read up on his Conglish.
  • Like 2

I find myself watching other teams and getting pretty jealous over the odd player. Thinking why can't we find a gem like that? Then I realise probably every team in the league would have loved to have found him for £7 million

Yep. We've a few more now though or so it seems. None quite as good as Benteke, but you can probably count the better strikers in the league on one hand.

I'm happy for him to go off and play for Belgium too if he's trained well. He'll need match practice and what better way to get it? The injury won't repeat itself.

• Like 1

He just doesn't look like a player to me. 7m wasted!

Yes brudda

Shows how early judgements of a player can be futile. Give them time to settle and see what they can produce.  Watched a video of his goals from the last 2 seasons.  You forget how good he is.

This is a good find. Whatever happened to Shaggy?

Lambert has a really unfair advantage over City when we meet them next week.

Imagine how noisy and pumped Villa Park will be when we bring this beast on when we are 1-0 down after 67 minutes? Can't wait.

Â