Christian Benteke

Kwan

How was he? I missed the game before he came on.

He was fine. Didn't do much, but he never really had a chance with the way the game was being played (pretty much all in our half)

About what you'd expect from someone who's been out for so long.

Must say I thought I detected a rather alarming tendency to hoof the ball up field at every opportunity once Tekkers came on yesterday. 

The whole team will need to re-learn how to play with him to get the best out of him.

Aye. I don't think it was coincidence that, shortly after coming on, we sat deep and looked to hoof/counter instead of keeping up the pressing in midfield.

Must say I thought I detected a rather alarming tendency to hoof the ball up field at every opportunity once Tekkers came on yesterday.

The whole team will need to re-learn how to play with him to get the best out of him.

Aye. I don't think it was coincidence that, shortly after coming on, we sat deep and looked to hoof/counter instead of keeping up the pressing in midfield.

I think it was a combination of tiredness and lack of football intelligence which is quite surprising to see considering they all Premier League players.

But to be fair the city players are on another level.

It wouldn't have been the only reason though. As Man City put us under the cosh and legs got tired you do naturally start playing too deep. I'm not sure about Senderos, Clark or Westwood but I was shouting for them too push out and much quicker. I think it would have happened anyway just Beneteke is the obvious outlet who can get the ball and keep onto for a bit.

Ha! I do seem to attract them don't I.

I'd much rather have you think AN opinion that I hold is a load of rubbish than think I'm some kind of reactionary idiot towing the party line.

P.S. I'm not your pal, buddy.

Fair enough, each to their own.

And I'm not your buddy, pal.

What do you want me to do? Change my opinion because you think it's a load of rubbish?

I'm not your buddy, guy.

He's not your guy, friend.

• Like 2

Ha! I do seem to attract them don't I.

I'd much rather have you think AN opinion that I hold is a load of rubbish than think I'm some kind of reactionary idiot towing the party line.

P.S. I'm not your pal, buddy.

Fair enough, each to their own.

And I'm not your buddy, pal.

What do you want me to do? Change my opinion because you think it's a load of rubbish?

I'm not your buddy, guy.

So this isn't you, then?

QcdBbEG.jpg

• Like 1

It wouldn't have been the only reason though. As Man City put us under the cosh and legs got tired you do naturally start playing too deep. I'm not sure about Senderos, Clark or Westwood but I was shouting for them too push out and much quicker. I think it would have happened anyway just Beneteke is the obvious outlet who can get the ball and keep onto for a bit.
Why were you shouting for Clark to push out? He wasn't even playing. Edited by George Curtis
  • Like 1

It wouldn't have been the only reason though. As Man City put us under the cosh and legs got tired you do naturally start playing too deep. I'm not sure about Senderos, Clark or Westwood but I was shouting for them too push out and much quicker. I think it would have happened anyway just Beneteke is the obvious outlet who can get the ball and keep onto for a bit.
Why were you shouting for Clark to push out? He wasn't even playing.
Very harsh on the lad.

IMHO

Why were you shouting for Clark to push out? He wasn't even playing.
Very harsh on the lad.

IMHO

Who? Clark?

Â