Christian Benteke

Kwan

I love how some folks are blaming this all on his agent, load of bollocks if you ask me. Benteke is not a child, and as someone else (supposedly ITK posted the other day) Kismet allegedly told CB that he'd be better off staying another year. No doubt thinking that after another great season and a potential great World Cup that his value would go through the roof.

Whether that is true or not i don't know, but it's not like he can actually come out publicly and say it regardless.

Benteke has had his head turned, he makes the decisions on his career, and he's the one who should be getting it in the neck. People always think players are incapable of being pricks on their own without their agents help.

I've no doubts the Villa board will stick to their valuation and not budge from it, and rightly so. If CB kicks up a fuss and spends the first half of the season sulking and sitting in with the kids so be it. I doubt his wages will drain much needed income away, in fact if he has a strop and goes on strike we wont even have to pay them anyway so all's good.

For the sake of his own career it may do him the world of good to be cast aside and show him he's a young man with responsibilities to uphold.

Agreed, agents are parasites and have no place in life. They just leech of other people because they have no ability of their own.

However, players (as intellectually challenged as most of them are) should be quite capable of realising such simple things as when and when not to hand in a transfer request.

Folski i've got a pal who lives in Tralee, massive villa fan no doubt you have crossed paths (sorry way off topic there) 

Anyway did anyone see the evening mail last night? over 75% of Villa fans want him gone

Get away what's his name?

James Johnston mate you know him? or the Johnstons on a whole the old man and sisters are bbig villa fans as well

It's really not that great of an article, and he's going to look a little foolish if we do accept anything under £25m now. I think a lot of people think it's a great article because it blows smoke up Villa's arse.

It's really not that great of an article, and he's going to look a little foolish if we do accept anything under £25m now. I think a lot of people think it's a great article because it blows smoke up Villa's arse.

Good. It's about time we had an article in the media that was positive about Villa instead of dismissive/nasty/patronising.

Edited by Mantis

Yeah can't have anything positve can we. God forbid, lets just play along and sell him for 15. ffs

Good. It's about time we had an article in the media that was positive about Villa instead of dismissive/nasty/patronising.

Well, I'm not saying it's unwelcome to read something positive in the media about us, though I don't agree with this conspiracy theory that all the London media hate us either. The article itself is pretty poor in my opinion, though I would obviously hope that he's right about his assumptions about Lerner and for us to not sell anywhere under the asking price.

Folski i've got a pal who lives in Tralee, massive villa fan no doubt you have crossed paths (sorry way off topic there) 

Anyway did anyone see the evening mail last night? over 75% of Villa fans want him gone

I have some cousins in Tralee too who are Villa fans too.

Yeah can't have anything positve can we. God forbid, lets just play along and sell him for 15. ffs

Where did I say that I didn't want the article to be true? I just said that in my opinion it's not a great article.

Where did I say that I didn't want the article to be true? I just said that in my opinion it's not a great article.

Why because it makes villa look good? because they have the stance we all want them to have? pay up or shut up. Whats not great about that?

i have just thought something Eris Kismet only real good other client was ex Spurs flop Mounir El Hamdaoui so he has had dealing with Spurs before... How do we know that Spurs haven't contacted Kismet and he knows them because of this and giving him a good **** wedge to tap it into CB head that Spurs is place for him!!! I see El Hamdaoui keeps moving club as well normally after 2 seasons

I hope Villa reports Spurs and Kismet for tapping up if this case

Any names?

I love how some folks are blaming this all on his agent, load of bollocks if you ask me. Benteke is not a child, and as someone else (supposedly ITK posted the other day) Kismet allegedly told CB that he'd be better off staying another year. No doubt thinking that after another great season and a potential great World Cup that his value would go through the roof.

Whether that is true or not i don't know, but it's not like he can actually come out publicly and say it regardless.

Benteke has had his head turned, he makes the decisions on his career, and he's the one who should be getting it in the neck. People always think players are incapable of being pricks on their own without their agents help.

I've no doubts the Villa board will stick to their valuation and not budge from it, and rightly so. If CB kicks up a fuss and spends the first half of the season sulking and sitting in with the kids so be it. I doubt his wages will drain much needed income away, in fact if he has a strop and goes on strike we wont even have to pay them anyway so all's good.

For the sake of his own career it may do him the world of good to be cast aside and show him he's a young man with responsibilities to uphold.

You make a good point about Benteke having his head turned, but I disagree about Kismet's influence. Remember that when Benteke signed for us he thought that Aston Villa were a London club! That indicates a child like naivety that allows Kismet to lead him by the nose in all things contractual.

IMO Benteke needs to start facing up to adult responsibilities before his reputation is damaged in the same way that Anelka's was by his stupid money grabbing brother (agent). His first step should be to sack his useless and embarrassing agent, which should be enough to repair his current relationship with Villa, then he can get on with learning his trade to the point where he's able to demonstrate that buying "Christian Benteke" is not seen as a high priced gamble for an inexperienced and disloyal player.

Why because it makes villa look good? because they have the stance we all want them to have? pay up or shut up. Whats not great about that?

Because firstly it looks like it was written by a child, and secondly, it's just his opinion but he's stating it as fact, which is never good. I'm not saying he'll be wrong, he's been in that job for years and has more contact with the people connected to Lerner than any of us ever will, but it's still just his opinion.

But we shall agree to disagree on the quality of the article, and instead just agree that we hope it ends up being true.

Edited by Ginko

Any names?

O'Sullivan's  Stephen, David, Gordon (although he moved away) and Jim.

Well, I'm not saying it's unwelcome to read something positive in the media about us, though I don't agree with this conspiracy theory that all the London media hate us either. The article itself is pretty poor in my opinion, though I would obviously hope that he's right about his assumptions about Lerner and for us to not sell anywhere under the asking price.

Who said anything about a conspiracy?

Â