Christian Benteke

Kwan

Spurs could be a bad move for Benteke.

He may well go there and earn some serious money, but I can't imagine them selling him on again if he reaches his full potential. He'll be stuck there for years.

• Like 1

I think the anger maybe misplaced. Maybe we didn't value him highly enough. Reports suggest we only offered him double what he is on now. 40k. If that's the case then we only have ourselves to blame.

I think 40k is more than reasonable. We tell him do what you did last season again and we'll review your wages again next season increasing it further still. We've just about got the wagebill to a manageable level, Lambert is doing a brilliant job in that respect. The likes of Westwood, Lowton are all very modest guys given where weve taken them from, they're not gonna be on much in todays terms but they're not even thinking about it, you can tell they just want to knuckle down and play football.

we are building a togetherness with near enough everyone on an even keel. So giving someone in excess of 60k pw after having 1 very good season would cause unrest I feel and sends out the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

£40k is reasonable. But it is a figure that any interested club will blow out of the water.

Disagree, I'd begrudgingly offer him 100k a week, however that would be the max I'd gladly offer 60-80k a week. We have Ireland, Bent, Given on huge money, yet as I said yesterday we've been quick to throw big money at players we have signed in the past such as Beye 40k a week for a back up right back, Ireland 70k a week, Bent & Given, however we have been very slow to reward the players who have come here and become very very good players, I ultimately think that had we been more rewarding with the players who had done well here and gave them the big bucks that we would have been able to hang onto the Barrys & co, however I do realize that at the time the wages were congested with a lot of players who had little or no value to the first team. We see a similar situation today but our revenue has been increased and our wage budget is a lot lower, if we can shift Bent, that money should go to Benteke in my eyes, if the club see him as a £25m asset they need to pay him like one.

I don't see much point in offering him a payrise now.  If he stays it's going to be against his will anyway and he'll certainly go after the World Cup payrise or not.  We all assume he'll still do his best next season anyway to secure his WC place, so what exactly is the point of rewarding him financially if Spurs fail to come up with the money?  

The way I see it, the pay rise offered was to ensure he knuckled down for another year with no unsettling transfer speculation to disrupt & unsettle the squad.  He's blown that now, whatever the outcome so balls to a pay rise, if you do stay, do your job or sit in the reserves and risk your WC place.

On the other hand, if there had been a prospect of keeping him long term I do think £40k is very low compared to what he'd get almost anywhere else and if that was the offer we should probably look at ourselves a bit here.

Folski i've got a pal who lives in Tralee, massive villa fan no doubt you have crossed paths (sorry way off topic there) 

Anyway did anyone see the evening mail last night? over 75% of Villa fans want him gone

That's one of those 'want him gone' things.

I support the owner and the team manager, as they are the ones who will be around for a while yet, so if Benteke wants to go, and we can get he right price, fine.

But if he stays and leads the line for another season, then that would be my preference.

• Like 1

He may well go there and earn some serious money, but I can't imagine them selling him on again if he reaches his full potential. He'll be stuck there for years.

Yeah, they have a bit of a reputation for making it difficult for their best players to move on. Modric had to stay a year longer than he wanted and Bale is having trouble getting out. Might not be a good move if he is planing another stepping stone 12 month deal.

No player swaps!

No add-ons for miles, so we get our money in 2 years time!

No dilly dallying!

Cash, upfront, full amount. Or do one!

Yeah, they have a bit of a reputation for making it difficult for their best players to move on. Modric had to stay a year longer than he wanted and Bale is having trouble getting out. Might not be a good move if he is planing another stepping stone 12 month deal.

IF spurs could stump up the cash, I'd quite like to be chanting "Christian, how's the bench?!" in 3 seasons time!

• Like 1

Forcing him to stay another year is a horrid route to go down, as he will get roasted every time we think he is not trying or performing well and will end up getting booed. Gareth Barry was a consumate professional, I expect Benteke to play silly buggers if we force him to stay and as much as it's right to make him rot in the reserves i'm sure we would rather he **** off asap and we used the money to rebuild the squad further.

Based on rumour and conjecture it would seem Lambert already had about 10-15 mil or more to spend on further re-enforcements.

Add another 20-25 million for Benteke, and we would be able to massively improve the overall team to a higher standard than we would if we kept him.

I don't want us to sell him on the cheap, but i just want this whole **** saga ended asap.

If Benteke has any sense he will look to a club bigger than Spurs - however much better than us they are at the moment they are still a one man team who have one **** all in decades. If they decided to pull out of transfer to David Villa because they thought they could get Tekkers on the cheap then they are barking up the wrong tree.

I think Spurs will end up going for Remy. Though there is that rape case to consider.

Ya, we should hope they do, freeing Bent up to go to Newcastle and keeping Benteke here, weren't they in for him last August? Could be wrong here but is the situation at Spurs where Levy targets the players? 

How is doubling his wages 10 months into a 4 year contract a lowball offer? Our aim with that was never to compete with other clubs who may or may not want Benteke but to rightfully reward him on a job well done. A 100% pay rise more than does so.

If they feel it's unacceptable they need to look in the mirror. They signed the deal in the first place.

• Like 2

So it's been mentioned that lambert knows who he wants to replace Benteke with and that he is younger than Benteke. Therefore I would imagine not that expensive. So the question is, providing we have the money do we make the acquisition before Benteke goes? If Benteke isn't sold it would add competion for places, and if he is, we wouldn't be held to random knowing we had money. Let's admit it, we have put a deadline on the transfer, but if a club came in at £30m on transfer deadline day we would accept and then be left in the lurch.

Have i missed something did Lambert say something about his next target?

No words off Lambert... It was mentioned on here somewhere... I don't treat it as gospel, but wouldn't be surprised as we sign young and hungry.

Bigger stage?

Villa Park is bigger than White Hart Lane.

Or does he mean he wants to play on ITV4 of a Wednesday?

To you and I maybe, but to a 22 year old Belgian guy who's seen Spurs finish higher than us ever since he turned pro? Doubtful

He's bright enough to look back beyond four years. I have no doubt at all that this is about his agent wanting to make money.

Anything more than 4 years ago is a lifetime for footballers. Why would a current player give a toss we won the European cup in 82? They don't care unless we've won it in their own recent memory. We WERE a big deal in the past, we're not now. Like it or not, in the current hierarchy, Spurs are far, far bigger and more desirable than we are

He says a bigger stage, so is that literally (Villa Park is BIGGER, literally, than White Hart Lane), or does he mean he wants to be on the Europa League ITV4 stage.

Arguably they're doing better than us, or have been, but being as they're not in the Champs League I don't really see it as a huge step up.

It isn't a career defining step up, like it would be to say Chelsea, a team who have Mourinho back and will be fighting for the Champs League and the Prem title. Shame he doesn't believe in his ability enough to hold down a first team place there.

He says Liverpool are on our level, personally I'd agree, but flip it around and they only finished slightly lower than Spuds did.

If he cared about the Europa League so much he could've stayed at Genk, if he believed in his abilities he would go to Chelsea. Unfortunately, all I can see in this is £ signs.

How is doubling his wages 10 months into a 4 year contract a lowball offer? Our aim with that was never to compete with other clubs who may or may not want Benteke but to rightfully reward him on a job well done. A 100% pay rise more than does so.

If they feel it's unacceptable they need to look in the mirror. They signed the deal in the first place.

The only players to score more than him in the league were Rvp 235k, Suarez 120k, Bale 135k. 

Now granted there are other players who were near him who were not on such extravagant figures, Lukaku 46k 2 goals behind Benteke, Michu 30k but his deal is heavily incentivised and he gets large appearance fees and goal bonuses one goal behind Benteke, Lambert could not get any info on what roughly he was on since he signed his new deal but there are a lot suggesting he is on a similar set up to Michu with figures of 35k a goal being mentioned again I have no idea of the accuracy. of these findings.

Players to get 18+ goals or assists last year

34 - RVP

28 - Suarez

25 - Bale

24 - Mata

24 - Walcott

23 - Benteke

23 - Carzola

22 - Rooney

21 - Lukaku

20 - Michu

20 - Lambert

20 - Hazard

20 - Podolski

19 - Tevez

18 - Berbatov

18 - Gerrard

Look at the money being forked out there, if we ever want to get back to the upper echelons we simply have to pay, now I agree that 100k a week is steep, but perhaps we could go 50k and big appearance and performance bases bonuses. 

Forcing him to stay another year is a horrid route to go down, as he will get roasted every time we think he is not trying or performing well and will end up getting booed. 

Fcuker deserves it.

If his form drops and his World Cup place evaporates, then he MAY have learnt that his agent is a parasite and is wrecking his career.

Still cant believe how THICK and STUPID they have made themselves look.

Quite frankly, Kesmit has given his client very little room to maneuver. If we do not receive an offer that does not suit us, then the player can make himself look a bigger tool than he is looking like now, by playing up. Or he can knuckle down and use his talent to get him out of the hole he has been placed.

Christian, find another agent mate, thats my advice. 

Edited by MagicMushroom

Forcing him to stay another year is a horrid route to go down, as he will get roasted every time we think he is not trying or performing well and will end up getting booed. 

Fcuker deserves it.

If his form drops and his World Cup place evaporates, then he MAY have learnt that his agent is a parasite and is wrecking his career.

Still cant believe how THICK and STUPID they have made themselves look.

Quite frankly, Kesmit has given his client very little room to maneuver. If we do not receive an offer that does not suit us, then the player can make himself look a bigger tool than he is looking like now, by playing up. Or he can knuckle down and use his talent to get him out of the hole he has been placed.

Christian, find another agent mate, thats my advice. 

Barry got his head down and carried on

I've yet to meet two more dishonorable and disrespectful people than these pair

Benteke and his agent should be ashamed

Kismet would probably flog his own kids to some algerian human traffickers if it meant he could earn a quick buck 

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Oh...and another thing.

If you were Spurs are anyone else, would you want to risk 25m plus on a player that has not showed any loyalty to his former clubs?

Would you want to risk 25m plus on the parasite baggage that comes with him?

Kestwit, thats a double edged sword your holding aloft, and it may end up cutting off yours and your clients face ;)

Kismet would probably flog his own kids to some algerian human traffickers if it meant he could earn a quick buck

I'm not saying I'm ITK or anything, but I hear he has no kids. Anymore.

• Like 1

Did he sell them?

Did he sell them?

They wanted to be on a bigger stage, so he says. Catch them on Sky Living HD, program is called Ladyboys.

Â