Christian Benteke

Kwan

Gotta laugh at Spuds, delusional average team, player swaps they have offered - hilarious. they just dont get it do they. they are an aging team we are a young growing team, if they splash the cash for CB then they will have no money to replace the overpaid pensioners, they are a team who will be in decline, a mid table team average at best. They need to sell Bale really, if not now then next year to finance a new squad. If CB can not see this then he deserves them. Put it this way, even after the last season I would rather be us than them, if PL can get rid of the rest of the big earners then we really will be going places. Spuds are where we were 4 years ago, they will have to go through a bit of what we have had, it may not be as bad but it will be a downturn in fortunes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5007371/Spurs-ready-to-offer-part-exchange-deal-for-Christian-Benteke.html

Have to laugh at todays Sun report - only Laahhndan media could class Parker (legs gone, turning cirlce of the QE2), Huddlestone (way over-rated and hardly features), Assou-Ekotto (we already have 2 left backs) and Livermore (???) as 'aces' and think 'dangling' one of them in front of us will lower the price.....

GTFO!

I agree this one made me actually lol why on earth would spurs think that offering the option of any of these players would interest us its basically saying we want your best player because we are in London and think we are a big club but in reality we are not and can't afford him so we will offer you a load of crap that can't get in our first team play but also we think each of these payers are worth about £10 million so we are actually offering you an amazing deal.  We should tell them if they want him they stump up the cash and they do it now not in installments over the next 2 years. The reality is they have already spent £17 million on one player and don't have the funds to spend 25-30 on another so think they can try and get benteke on the cheap. Its like going into a shop and saying i really like that tv and my house is a much better place for it to be but i can't afford it so i am going ot take it off your hands half price and chuck in an old betamax to sweeten the deal. It wouldn't happen we need to stand firm on this have a price we will sell at and if nobody meets it say to benteke tough mate nobody rates you as highly as you rate yourself so fet to training. I will be so bloody angry if we accept any player exchange espeically after getting such a good deal with Ireland from man city in the Milner deal. 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5007371/Spurs-ready-to-offer-part-exchange-deal-for-Christian-Benteke.html

Have to laugh at todays Sun report - only Laahhndan media could class Parker (legs gone, turning cirlce of the QE2), Huddlestone (way over-rated and hardly features), Assou-Ekotto (we already have 2 left backs) and Livermore (???) as 'aces' and think 'dangling' one of them in front of us will lower the price.....

GTFO!

I agree this one made me actually lol why on earth would spurs think that offering the option of any of these players would interest us its basically saying we want your best player because we are in London and think we are a big club but in reality we are not and can't afford him so we will offer you a load of crap that can't get in our first team play but also we think each of these payers are worth about £10 million so we are actually offering you an amazing deal.  We should tell them if they want him they stump up the cash and they do it now not in installments over the next 2 years. The reality is they have already spent £17 million on one player and don't have the funds to spend 25-30 on another so think they can try and get benteke on the cheap. Its like going into a shop and saying i really like that tv and my house is a much better place for it to be but i can't afford it so i am going ot take it off your hands half price and chuck in an old betamax to sweeten the deal. It wouldn't happen we need to stand firm on this have a price we will sell at and if nobody meets it say to benteke tough mate nobody rates you as highly as you rate yourself so fet to training. I will be so bloody angry if we accept any player exchange espeically after getting such a good deal with Ireland from man city in the Milner deal. 

Dodgy, he is for sale, most players are if a price is met. We do not have to sell him though that's the difference.

At the moment spurts cannot afford the price and there is a concerted campaign by them and the laaaannnddaaaaaan media to try and force the price down.

Whilst this is true, there is no price on his head because we had no intention to sell. Which means Spurs have to bid, making sure they do so at a price that suits us, not them.

My prediction from a few days ago was spot on so far, about how they will use the media.

Edited by dodgyknees

Levy's known for doing business this way so these type of articles shouldnt surprise us too much, look at Bently for one, wouldnt let him go for tuppance in fear of making a huge loss on him and allowed him to rot in the reserves. He over values his players and under values the players he wants in attempt to get them on the cheap.

Message to Levy - If you want CB, get your cheque book out cause your going to be breaking Villa's transfer sale record, end of!

I think the anger maybe misplaced. Maybe we didn't value him highly enough. Reports suggest we only offered him double what he is on now. 40k. If that's the case then we only have ourselves to blame.

I think 40k is more than reasonable. We tell him do what you did last season again and we'll review your wages again next season increasing it further still. We've just about got the wagebill to a manageable level, Lambert is doing a brilliant job in that respect. The likes of Westwood, Lowton are all very modest guys given where weve taken them from, they're not gonna be on much in todays terms but they're not even thinking about it, you can tell they just want to knuckle down and play football.

we are building a togetherness with near enough everyone on an even keel. So giving someone in excess of 60k pw after having 1 very good season would cause unrest I feel and sends out the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

£40k is reasonable. But it is a figure that any interested club will blow out of the water.

Disagree, I'd begrudgingly offer him 100k a week, however that would be the max I'd gladly offer 60-80k a week. We have Ireland, Bent, Given on huge money, yet as I said yesterday we've been quick to throw big money at players we have signed in the past such as Beye 40k a week for a back up right back, Ireland 70k a week, Bent & Given, however we have been very slow to reward the players who have come here and become very very good players, I ultimately think that had we been more rewarding with the players who had done well here and gave them the big bucks that we would have been able to hang onto the Barrys & co, however I do realize that at the time the wages were congested with a lot of players who had little or no value to the first team. We see a similar situation today but our revenue has been increased and our wage budget is a lot lower, if we can shift Bent, that money should go to Benteke in my eyes, if the club see him as a £25m asset they need to pay him like one.

** On a side note, I think Loic Remy now becomes a key man in our fortunes, I could see Spurs seeing him as a cheaper alternative to Benteke, not only that but it is obvious that Newcastle are interested in him & Bent, if Spurs were to go out and sign him, lets not forget that Kaboul & Lloris are also at Spurs so wouldn't be the only French man there and then he can remain in London. This would also potentially force Newcastle's hand with Bent.

So it's been mentioned that lambert knows who he wants to replace Benteke with and that he is younger than Benteke. Therefore I would imagine not that expensive. So the question is, providing we have the money do we make the acquisition before Benteke goes? If Benteke isn't sold it would add competion for places, and if he is, we wouldn't be held to random knowing we had money. Let's admit it, we have put a deadline on the transfer, but if a club came in at £30m on transfer deadline day we would accept and then be left in the lurch.

So it's been mentioned that lambert knows who he wants to replace Benteke with and that he is younger than Benteke. Therefore I would imagine not that expensive. So the question is, providing we have the money do we make the acquisition before Benteke goes? If Benteke isn't sold it would add competion for places, and if he is, we wouldn't be held to random knowing we had money. Let's admit it, we have put a deadline on the transfer, but if a club came in at £30m on transfer deadline day we would accept and then be left in the lurch.

Have i missed something did Lambert say something about his next target?

We should make the signing regardless. Benteke will be leaving sooner or later and we need to be prepared for that. Even if he stays for the season, some time spent in the dugout mulling things over wouldn't do him any harm.

• Like 1

This is where Benteke has to think what he wants to do. If he goes to Spurs for instance has another good season and a good World Cup he will be a target of the real top clubs like United, Barca, Madrid and Munich. I can see history repeating its self in 12 months, this might put them off.

He could have given us another year and the same would happen, I think the Spurs/Liverpool step is almost pointless step unless he's just thinking about the £100k a week, which will be dwarfed after another good season.

We should make the signing regardless. Benteke will be leaving sooner or later and we need to be prepared for that. Even if he stays for the season, some time spent in the dugout mulling things over wouldn't do him any harm.

Think Lambert has set the deadline of the 18th, then he will go out and do what he needs to do but I have also not seen it mentioned that we are after a player younger than Benteke.

Would be fitting if Levy started having clubs refuse to deal with him after all the crap he's supposedly pulled with his negotiating style.

im sure Lyon chairman said he wouldnt deal with Spurs again which is ironic as he is just as bad as Levy

Folski i've got a pal who lives in Tralee, massive villa fan no doubt you have crossed paths (sorry way off topic there) 

Anyway did anyone see the evening mail last night? over 75% of Villa fans want him gone

Someone will stump up £25m.

I have no doubt they will but he will be sold on again for around 40m within the space of a season or two so for me £25m isn't enough for him and i'm hoping our asking price starts at £30m with add ons. We may not get the same opportunity to cash in on a player like this again so lets make the most of it.

If however no-one wants to pay that amount i'd go to his agent and tell him straight that Benteke is going to be a Villa player for at least another season and if you try the same shenanigans as you did with Genk then he will spend the season in the reserves with the kids and no increase in wages.

Benteke will have no option, wanting to play in the WC, to knuckle down and start giving us 100% on the pitch and at the end of this coming season he will be worth 40m and why should we not benefit from that instead of another club such as Spurs.

If the board and manager play this right we simply cannot lose on this one. 

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 2

Folski i've got a pal who lives in Tralee, massive villa fan no doubt you have crossed paths (sorry way off topic there) 

Anyway did anyone see the evening mail last night? over 75% of Villa fans want him gone

Get away what's his name?

GTFO!

they also called him ex-Gent star... journalism  :crylaugh:

Â