Christian Benteke

Kwan

Although it seems to be Ben-tee-kee as the correct version, Ben-tay-kay is much easier to say in a Brummie accent. I don't naturally have a Brummie accent btw, so someone else might want to validate this.

The B1 B2 joke wasn't racist and I don’t think anyone would really be offended by it if they knew the context.

Implying a black person is a monkey and then offering them a banana would be a different matter.

It's just using common sense really.

It has been cleared up with the O/P. Can we move on now please? Debating moderation and de-railing a thread in the process is; as you might suspect; against forum posting guidelines.

It will be interesting to see how Gabby reacts to the much needed competition up front..

I think we saw it in the later stages at Newcastle.. He came on and he played with more intensity than I have seen from him in over 2 years, he played like his future at Villa was at stake..

Sorry - didn't intend to derail the thread, I was just making the point about whatever it was that seemed to be erroneously being implied, or at risk of being implied.

Like everyone, I see Christian as a fantastic signing at the stage that we are at as a club and the spiced up frontal competition we now have is going to be very interesting, if not quite world beating. I do have a feeling that this will be a stepping stone for Benteke - a player obviously on the up and up. Good luck to him while he is here, and very, very welcome indeed.

Will he be able to live to the billing I have seen that dubbed him as 'the next Eden Hazard?'

Over to Boss Hogg...

I don't think we are going to be as reliant as Benteke as we originally thought. Weimann looks to be stepping up this season, and we now have Gabby back to fitness to push for a place alongside Bent. Looks like healthy competition amongst 4 strikers this season.

You think? He's okay but for me that's it. Hard worker but don't think he'll ever be good enough unless we drop down a division. Happily be proved wrong.

Â