Christian Benteke

Kwan

TRO I'm fairly confident most of the signings made this summer will go onto be good players for us.

My concern with them is all about this season. I think bennett and Benteke have the best chance of contributing this season but if the others perform well and we're doing well, I'll happily admit I was wrong to doubt them.

I'm quite positive he won't see the picture - and can't you just have a laugh?

:lol: I was trying. I don't really think he'll be upset. Obviously didn't work.

My post about ambition was in response to someone claiming relegation would be ok and people were happy with it. That had nothing to do with Benteke but no one cared.

If you're referring to what I said, that Lambert needs five years regardless of what happens, including relegation, I stand by it. We were the equivalent of an old manor house requiring expensive roof patching and repairs to keep it habitable, but costing a fortune and not addressing the problem. Lambert is tearing down all the failing old stuff and replacing it in a modern fashion. We might suffer in the short term, but it needs to be done. The only thing that will hold back our progress is fans with no patience.

Big John are you saying you would sack lambert if we got relegated this season?

Big John are you saying you would sack lambert if we got relegated this season?

It would depend on certain things throughout the season. I don't think getting relegated would fill me with confidence that Lambert is the manager we think he is.

If we got relegated my main frustration and anger would be at the owner whose decision making has left us in such a weak position for Lambert to come in.

We need to look longer than 1 season though. Would spending £40 mill have fixed the squad? And who could we have bought?

Lerner can't keep funding the club to £40 mil every season, we need to be making money to invest in the team. Lambert is starting from a minus perspective. We escaped relegation last season by the skin of our teeth and he has managed to get rid of average expensive players. The wage bill is now sustainable, and he has introduced some young cheap hungry players that may turn out to be great buys.

If one season isn't enough time for the project to work, so what it wil be better eventually.

Have you seen Moneyball? We're the Oakland A's, if we keep playing the game like the Yankees without the financial clout we will always lose, we need to change the model. It may be hard to swallow medicine in the short term but it wil pay off if Lambert's track record works out.

Have you seen Moneyball? We're the Oakland A's, if we keep playing the game like the Yankees without the financial clout we will always lose, we need to change the model. It may be hard to swallow medicine in the short term but it wil pay off if Lambert's track record works out.

Love that film, and I was actually discussing with a friend the feasibility of it being transferable to football. Turns out there's a book called soccernomics that's interesting.

I think part of the reason why Lambert left Norwich is that he thought that he's taken them as far as possible, and that Aston Villa is suitable long-term project for him to rebuild but this is not the topic for that discussion.

I'm bored of you.

:cry:

Ok i'll say everything will be great from now on.

I'm not asking for that, but just try and look on the bright side sometimes?

Why couldn't you have just joined in the nice discussion of the picture of Benteke at BMH?

:cry:

I've been positive about this signing.

I think he's a great prospect and I'm very happy we snapped him up.

Me too think he will flourish here.

I was out friday night so I missed who we sold for 7 mill to bring this guy in??

Is Benteke really 6ft 5in?

He's either 6 ft 5" or 6 ft 3"

Yeah, I've seen both figures for him so we don't know for sure, seemingly. Looking at that picture I would go for 6' 5" being closer to the mark, he looks very rangy.

I'm going to go with 12ft 5" based on this accurate image.

dq0qyb.jpg

I heard that he is actually so huge that he has his own field of gravity. This means that no matter where on the pitch a pass is aimed, it will automatically end up at his feet.

This will prove helpful when Richard Dunne returns to the side...

Â