Christian Benteke

Kwan

Nationality is more a sense of belonging these days than a place of birth or origin.

It's actually highly amusing and at the same time ridiculous to watch Americans and Australians arguing about it.

Or Anglo-Saxon English for that matter!

Well exactly, the only differences over time are the means of transport and method of invasion (for want of a better term). The reasons are nearly always underpinned by economics or persecution.

He's Belgian!

born in kishasa, DR Congo.

if a dogs born in a stable, you dont call him a horse

I've heard BNP advocates use that turn of phrase before, it comes across as xenophobic to me.

If he qualifies for Belgian nationality and citizenship and chooses to represent them, then he's Belgian.

And if you can't understand why a footballer from the Congo wouldn't want to represent them internationally, I'd google 'Democratic Republic of Congo' and have a read.

well im not an advocate of the BNP, i was simply pointing out that he was born in africa. he qualifies to play for belgium because of the length of time his lived there. and at what point did i say he didnt want to represent the dr congo?

He's Belgian!

born in kishasa, DR Congo.

if a dogs born in a stable, you dont call him a horse

I've heard BNP advocates use that turn of phrase before, it comes across as xenophobic to me.

If he qualifies for Belgian nationality and citizenship and chooses to represent them, then he's Belgian.

And if you can't understand why a footballer from the Congo wouldn't want to represent them internationally, I'd google 'Democratic Republic of Congo' and have a read.

well im not an advocate of the BNP, i was simply pointing out that he was born in africa. he qualifies to play for belgium because of the length of time his lived there. and at what point did i say he didnt want to represent the dr congo?

You're disputing his nationality, so I thought that perhaps you lacked an understanding of why he would want to live and play in Belgium over the DRC.

Not that it matters whether you, I or anyone else think he's Congolese or not, because he isn't. He's Belgian, if he says so.

Don't know if anyone has said anything about the fee and wages but I have been told the fee was close to £8million and he is on around £17,750 per week.

that means the wages we pay benteke over his 4 year contract will only be a touch more than we paid heskey for ONE YEAR

bloody nora

Don't know if anyone has said anything about the fee and wages but I have been told the fee was close to £8million and he is on around £17,750 per week.

that means the wages we pay benteke over his 4 year contract will only be a touch more than we paid heskey for ONE YEAR

bloody nora

Yep, it's great isn't it, I love the direction we're going in.

What excites me most about this deal is DB. When you look back through his career, his most successful periods playing in a 442 have been with a target type striker. I think Bent will enjoy working with this guy.

Fellaini tweeted this image.. Benteke and Hazard are the same age. :shock:

n3so7c.jpg

That looks like something from the lord of the rings.

This is why I see the likes of Ireland and Given being forced out at some point, it wouldn't seem healthy for the club to have a cluster of very high earners (e.g. £50k+) alongside a load of players earning in the £15-25k bracket.

I would say the opposite - seems perfectly healthy to me to have both.

That's one of the reasons I don't understand the doubts over this season, especially the....'pundits'.....(snigger)..on Tv etc. We DO have experience aswell as youth and lower Leagues, we have Given, Dunne, Hutton (ok), Warnock (yes I know but 'to do a job'), Holman, KEA, Agbonlahor, Bent, Nzogbia, Vlaar.........thats 9 which strikes me as a fair bit.

Â