Christian Benteke

Kwan

This is why I see the likes of Ireland and Given being forced out at some point, it wouldn't seem healthy for the club to have a cluster of very high earners (e.g. £50k+) alongside a load of players earning in the £15-25k bracket.

I would say the opposite - seems perfectly healthy to me to have both.

Nope, it's not particularly healthy in any organisation to have someone with essentially the same level of importance or job title as you to be earning 2 to 3 times more than you. Here the job title would be 'first team player'.

I really recommend putting Bannan and when fit, Albrighton at LM and RM respectively. Those two are excellent crossers of the ball. Bannan can rack up a lot of assists at LM with his crosses. Then just have Kea-Ireland in the middle.

So if he's. 6'5" does that mean we will be launching it up skywards?

We'll probably mix it up as most of Benteke's goals at Genk were with his feet, he's surprisingly nimble for such a big guy. He's good at heading the ball though so if we want to lay in a few crosses he'll be there for those as well.

So if he's. 6'5" does that mean we will be launching it up skywards?

We'll probably mix it up as most of Benteke's goals at Genk were with his feet, he's surprisingly nimble for such a big guy. He's good at heading the ball though so if we want to lay in a few crosses he'll be there for those as well.

CI, your so reactionary its cringeworthy.

I've seen nothing from Lambert to suggest we'll do anything of the sort.

Saw a youtube montage of Benteke earlier and he looks very good with his feet. Appears to have a Crouch like touch but more mobile. He did remind me of Drogba from the clips. Really good option to have IMO.

Did you notice how many headers/flick ons Bent got at the weekend. Perhaps already stepping up his game under the threat of Benteke?

I am a big fan of 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-3-1 and have felt we should be playing that way over the past 3 or 4 years, but with the current squad - striking options, attacking full backs etc. - I can see an argument for a 4-4-2 with a narrow midfield (allowing the fbs to push on and provide the width).

---------------- Kea ---------------

----- Holman --------- Delph ----

----------------- SI ----------------

---------- Bent ---- Benteke -----

could be very interesting with some real options of the bench with Gabby and Zoggy capable of coming on and playing anywhere across the front 3 and shifting our tactics.

I believe that we have to play gabby and holman to force mistakes and work hard for the team; especially with a forward line of bent and benteke.

Can't really see us keeping zog for much longer when albrighton is fit either, what midfield would work tactically with a DB and benteke forward line?

I didn't realise he was so big. Most reports said 6ft 2. He's easily 6ft 5 like Felliani, what a monster. His wikipedia says he is 3ft 11 at the moment though.

Some Belgian football fan posted a photo on Twitter yesterday of him with Fellani and Benteke, Benteke looked a good two inches taller than Fellani tbh

I believe that we have to play gabby and holman to force mistakes and work hard for the team; especially with a forward line of bent and benteke.

Can't really see us keeping zog for much longer when albrighton is fit either, what midfield would work tactically with a DB and benteke forward line?

Really?

Albrighton has been soooooo bad for so long now.

Really?

Albrighton has been soooooo bad for so long now.

Albrighton just needs to play under a manager who will give him a license to go forward. I think he will shine under Lambert as his crossing ability is very good. Should get a fair few assists for Benteke I hope :D

I didn't realise he was so big. Most reports said 6ft 2. He's easily 6ft 5 like Felliani, what a monster. His wikipedia says he is 3ft 11 at the moment though.

Some Belgian football fan posted a photo on Twitter yesterday of him with Fellani and Benteke, Benteke looked a good two inches taller than Fellani tbh

Rory Delap!!

Â