Christian Benteke

Kwan

Woody that surely has to be an over-rating... The best player you've ever seen at VP ability wise ? Not even potential wise ? So by that standard his potential (being as though he's only 22 ? ) should mean he'll be as good as drogba ? Or probably even better considering Drogba peaked late... (Not comparing their football styles btw)

Yep like I said, from what I have seen I wouldnt be surprised if he became the best striker in the world. Thats not saying he will btw. 22, in a woeful team and scoring goals for fun at all levels. I think hes incredibly intelligent, his touch can be out of this world as well as poor, strong, good pace, can score all types of goals. A proper footballer who we just dont normally attract - Thats why hes said to be wanted by about 7 top european teams already.

Hes by no means my favorite player, but hes on a completely different level to the rest.

We will see, he still has ways to go and remember that he isnt 18 years old, he is 22. Yes that is still young for a striker and so on, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I do believe if he wants to play at a top 5 club in europe he at least has to stay here another year. 

I do fear that a move has been on his mind for quite some time........

Was the goal against QPR Benteke's first goal in front of the Holte? 

He's scored a penalty or 2 infront of the Holte I'm sure, plus the header against Reading. And that's only going on the games that I've been to, which have been few and far between.

We will see, he still has ways to go and remember that he isnt 18 years old, he is 22. Yes that is still young for a striker and so on, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I do believe if he wants to play at a top 5 club in europe he at least has to stay here another year. 

I think your getting ahead of yourself by saying he needs another year here. Hes proved he can do it consistently (enough) in a really woeful team. Why on earth would he need to stay here. Somebody like Weimann this may apply to as hes been hit and miss (in terms of product) and relies heavily on his effort levels. 

Benteke is quite honestly cruising at this level. A level he is clearly way way above.

I think your getting ahead of yourself by saying he needs another year here. Hes proved he can do it consistently (enough) in a really woeful team. Why on earth would he need to stay here. Somebody like Weimann this may apply to as hes been hit and miss (in terms of product) and relies heavily on his effort levels. 

Benteke is quite honestly cruising at this level. A level he is clearly way way above.

How is one season consistent?? There has been a long list of strikers that have had a great first season and then never produced the goods again.

It's why none of the bigger clubs went for him in the summer - they wanted to see him play another season for Genk, before making their minds up.

If we stay up, I think he will be here for another season. The press in Belgium seem to think so also - in a world cup year you want to be settled and playing regular football. Then he can go to the world cup and put himself in the shop window for the mega clubs.

How is one season consistent?? There has been a long list of strikers that have had a great first season and then never produced the goods again.

It's why none of the bigger clubs went for him in the summer - they wanted to see him play another season for Genk, before making their minds up.

If we stay up, I think he will be here for another season. The press in Belgium seem to think so also - in a world cup year you want to be settled and playing regular football. Then he can go to the world cup and put himself in the shop window for the mega clubs.

Yep agree with all of that, would also ad that he hasn't been fully consistent for us, enough though he does seem to have improved on that as we have moved into the second half of the season.

Was the goal against QPR Benteke's first goal in front of the Holte? 

He's scored a penalty or 2 infront of the Holte I'm sure, plus the header against Reading. And that's only going on the games that I've been to, which have been few and far between.

Oh yeah, they are the only two games this season I've missed haha.  :)

Â