Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sad state of affairs when players are linked to spurs from us. From day one that would always have been a side step. Shocking drop in status for us.

To be fair that's as much to do with them moving up as us moving down. Not saying we haven't declined a lot in the last few years (although I wish people would stop saying that tired phrase "how far have we fallen". It's old news) but they've really pushed on since 2009, unfortunately.

Edited by Mantis

I think the media can just name drop a lot of clubs in place of Spuds, and not be far wrong. The player will have that many suiters, and the fact that we are now seen as a little more than a selling club, they will test our resolve.

We're still in March but every day I check Newsnow and see 10-15 new articles about Benteke & Weimann being chased by clubs. Silly season will be tourture this year! Just like any other year, except much worse.

We're still in March but every day I check Newsnow and see 10-15 new articles about Benteke & Weimann being chased by clubs. Silly season will be tourture this year! Just like any other year, except much worse.

Well, if it helps, Spuds are having the same with Bale. At the end of the day, good players will always be wanted by other clubs no matter whom the players club is.

Good comments from Lambert about both Benteke and Andi. Though, I wouldn't expect him to say anything. The bit which I liked most was...

"Asked if Weimann and Benteke will remain at the club next season, Lambert replied: “Yes, yes. I think they want to be here. I’ve spoken to the lads as well and they’ve been great with it."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-lambert-insists-christian-benteke-2207244

I think be madness for a top team to fork out money on somebody so young after 1 season in top flight e.g Carroll being a prime example. I think the big boys will sit back and see how he progresses next season if we stay up and then pounce if still performing

I agree, I think if we stay up we will hold him for another season. Like you say he would still be a gamble if a team had to pay very big money, I think most suitors will watch him for another season then start negotiating when he has proved himself over two seasons and has 1 less year on his contract.

he said in a interview that he has no problems with staying another year @ villa but only if they do not relegate and inject some quality.

Thanks for the info Belgian, he is the type of player we need to build our team around, not the type of player we need to sell to make a quick buck. Nice to hear he is willing to continue with the project!

• Like 1

Â