Christian Benteke

Kwan

Levy vs Tweedledum and Tweedledee

I wouldn't fancy us to away with a good deal.

we'd probably end up giving them Benteke And 5m for Livermore on a 6 month loan, paying him 100k a week in the process

Levy vs Tweedledum and Tweedledee

I wouldn't fancy us to away with a good deal.

we'd probably end up giving them Benteke And 5m for Livermore on a 6 month loan, paying him 100k a week in the process
They managed to get a good deal for downing so may have learnt from past mistakes, levy himself has paid a lot of money for dross.

They managed to get a good deal for downing so may have learnt from past mistakes, levy himself has paid a lot of money for dross.

Lets hope so!

same with Young as he only had 12 months left on his contract. its easy for some people to have a pop

i see your downing (by the way a player we wouldn't sell for 50m apparently) and I'll raise you a given, Ireland, Hutton, Jenas, Makoun

i see your downing (by the way a player we wouldn't sell for 50m apparently) and I'll raise you a given, Ireland, Hutton, Jenas, Makoun

In all honesty that only proves that they've let the managers sign some bad/average players and put them on too high wages. When it comes to selling, which is the discussion about Benteke, they've done quite well. Held out for Barry and got a rather good deal for a player on his last year of the contract. Same with Young. And both wanted to leave. Good money for Downing. As it were back then I'd even say that we got pretty good money for Cahill. Milner too, although that deal wasn't the best deal they've done. Quite bad, actually, as it seems they did that without the managers approval or any manager at all. And Milner would've stayed. That's the one real f*k up they've done when it comes to selling players. So I'm not that worried when it comes to selling players. They've made other misstakes that they can take blame for.

• Like 1

I don't expect cheaper tickets. And that's not because I'm only there once or twice a season. I expect good players replacing them. That's one part where we've failed.

And we haven't sold him yet. Keep the faith.

In all honesty that only proves that they've let the managers sign some bad/average players and put them on too high wages. When it comes to selling, which is the discussion about Benteke, they've done quite well. Held out for Barry and got a rather good deal for a player on his last year of the contract. Same with Young. And both wanted to leave. Good money for Downing. As it were back then I'd even say that we got pretty good money for Cahill. Milner too, although that deal wasn't the best deal they've done. Quite bad, actually, as it seems they did that without the managers approval or any manager at all. And Milner would've stayed. That's the one real f*k up they've done when it comes to selling players. So I'm not that worried when it comes to selling players. They've made other misstakes that they can take blame for.

We never got good money for Cahill.

selling our best players has left us in bottom three..when will we learn? do you think as a fan we will see any of the profit from selling the player? cheaper tickets? not a chance. 

do villa not offer among the cheapest tickets and season tickets in the league?

We never got good money for Cahill.

You could argue that we did at the time. He wasn't good enough for our immediate first team so took a step back to go to Bolton in order to get first team football. He was shaky early on for them as well, I seem to remember him getting destroyed by Carew at Villa Park when we tonked them. 

The fact is we were competing for 4th and Cahill wasn't good enough to start, we were better off with players who were better at the time and far more experienced. It's unfortunate that we don't have that option right now, it's costing us big.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

We have replaced those players mentioned here. O'Neill brought in Downing with the money he got from the Barry sale. Houllier got Bent, Makoun, and Ireland for the Milner money. Most of last summer's recruits as well as Zog/Given/Hutton were bought from the Young/Downing money. Why should Lerner throw another few tens of millions in on top of that when he's seen how much is being wasted and how much financial trouble the club's in. I'd keep a few quid back for myself too.

We have replaced those players mentioned here. O'Neill brought in Downing with the money he got from the Barry sale. Houllier got Bent, Makoun, and Ireland for the Milner money. Most of last summer's recruits as well as Zog/Given/Hutton were bought from the Young/Downing money. Why should Lerner throw another few tens of millions in on top of that when he's seen how much is being wasted and how much financial trouble the club's in. I'd keep a few quid back for myself too.

To be fair, none of that is true at all. For what you say to be the case, player signings would need to be the only expenditure of the club. The money brought in from those sales went on WAGES. Lots and lots of wages

To be fair, none of that is true at all. For what you say to be the case, player signings would need to be the only expenditure of the club. The money brought in from those sales went on WAGES. Lots and lots of wages

I know I'm being simplistic just to make a point, but we were paying the players that left hefty wages too. I don't know what Barry/Downing/Young etc were on when they were here but it can't have been that much less than what we replaced them with.

Lerner has spent £16 million in compensation to ex managers.

Just as guilty for throwing money away.

Â