Christian Benteke

Kwan

Belgium won 0 - 2 away at Macedonia. De Bruyne goal in first half, Hazard penalty in the second, for a foul on Hazard.

Benteke started the game, subbed in 85th minute.

In the first half the Belgium midfield and defence played poorly so Benteke probably didn't get much of the ball. The coach was 'angry' at half-time with the midfielders for giving the ball away and with the defenders for giving the opposition too much space

At some point in the game, one Belgium fan believes Benteke was fouled for a penalty which the referee didn't give.

Edited by Con

How'd he play tonight Belgians? 

He played a rather anonymous game. In the first half he was pretty isolated, in the second the was more support coming from Hazard, De Bruyne and Fellaini (who didn't perform well). 

He wasn't subbed for Lukaku at any point so he seems to be the number 1 right now.

there was a foul on him in the second half in the penalty area, but no penalty was given, probably because Hazard already got one a few minutes prior

I only watched the first half, but noticed quite a difference in how Villa and Belgium use him. Wheras most of our play goes through him or ends up with him, basically all the attacking talent of Belgium seemed intent on ignoring him for their own chance to score from whatever silly angle.

I only watched the first half, but noticed quite a difference in how Villa and Belgium use him. Wheras most of our play goes through him or ends up with him, basically all the attacking talent of Belgium seemed intent on ignoring him for their own chance to score from whatever silly angle.

Belgium's downfall will be having too many individual billy big bollocks'. Also I rate Lukaku but telling Benteke to join a big team, when he himself was been banging on about wanting to stay at WBA because he won't get games at Chelsea, seems like he is either trying to sabotage Christian's career or the paper is talking shite.

Belgium's downfall will be having too many individual billy big bollocks'.

This ^ Too similar to the Netherlands for any real success.

But Belgium are top of their qualifying group. So all the ''individual big bollocks'' stuff has not affected them so far.

The only decent team in their group in my opinion is Croatia, but either way I don't necessarily mean their downfall will be right now, more so in the future as the players start to think more and more of themselves. Belgium probably have the best prospects in Europe right now alongside Germany, but as TezzRexx said just look at Holland and the ego's within their camp during the Euro's etc. 

We're 2nd in our group, but the same goes for England and has done for a while, a group of individual players that end up only wanting glory for themselves.

Back on topic though, I just think Lukaku saying that about Benteke is a complete contradiction of his current situation and it really isn't going to help him moving on to a big team just yet.

Belgium's downfall will be having too many individual billy big bollocks'. Also I rate Lukaku but telling Benteke to join a big team, when he himself was been banging on about wanting to stay at WBA because he won't get games at Chelsea, seems like he is either trying to sabotage Christian's career or the paper is talking shite.

you don't really follow them do you? the only players that have an act for that are Hazard and Fellaini. Benteke could be one as well (see his performances after the liverpool game). other technical players like De Bruyne or Mertens are praised for their teamwork. Also, a lot of these players have known each other from when they were 15 years old, they keep each other down to earth. Do you see Kompany, captain of the current title holders and one of the richest clubs in the world, having 'individual billy big bollocks', or vermaelen, dembele, vertonghen

And what Lukaky stated is no different from what every commentator in England is saying: Benteke can do better than Villa. I know none of us want to see him leave just yet, but he's been doing extremely well, so it's only fair these claims are out there

you don't really follow them do you? the only players that have an act for that are Hazard and Fellaini. Benteke could be one as well (see his performances after the liverpool game). other technical players like De Bruyne or Mertens are praised for their teamwork. Also, a lot of these players have known each other from when they were 15 years old, they keep each other down to earth. Do you see Kompany, captain of the current title holders and one of the richest clubs in the world, having 'individual billy big bollocks', or vermaelen, dembele, vertonghen

And what Lukaky stated is no different from what every commentator in England is saying: Benteke can do better than Villa. I know none of us want to see him leave just yet, but he's been doing extremely well, so it's only fair these claims are out there

except "ever commentator in England" isn't playing for a club like WBA. 

What we're saying is Lukaku is saying he should move on to a big club, when he himself is playing for a small club at the moment. 

I haven't said they're in the stage of downfall right now, far from it, what I'm saying is if/when there is a downfall it will be because of individual attitudes and not because of the ability they possess. Holland got into the final of the World Cup in 2010, and then we saw them depart Euro 2012 in the group stage amidst talk of dressing room divides and a bad atmosphere within their camp. What I am saying is the more praise and spotlight the Belgians get, the more Hazard and Fellaini type attitudes we will see coming out of other players.

Benteke can do better than Villa, but not right now, as he will not be a starting 11 player for any of the 'big' teams - which is the entire reason Lukaku has said he wants to stay at West Brom, so he can continue to play football and develop his game, so why on earth publicly announce that your international team mate should move on to a big club and be in the exact situation that you yourself do not want to be in.

As I said, Lukaku is either trying to sabotage Benteke or the paper is making stuff up/twisting words.

Edited by samjp26

except "ever commentator in England" isn't playing for a club like WBA. 

What we're saying is Lukaku is saying he should move on to a big club, when he himself is playing for a small club at the moment. 

to me that seems like admitting that Benteke is better than him. and what kind of logic is that 'he is only playing for a small club, so he can not say anything about playing at a big club'?

Lukaku has played at Chelsea (barely) so he knows what it takes as he didn't have it. If he says that Benteke does have it: good for Benteke.

I think a lot of these comments are for the wrong reasons.

Let's say Lineker would have said it, would it have been more justified? why is the Messenger so important?

I haven't said they're in the stage of downfall right now, far from it, what I'm saying is if/when there is a downfall it will be because of individual attitudes and not because of the ability they possess. Holland got into the final of the World Cup in 2010, and then we saw them depart Euro 2012 in the group stage amidst talk of dressing room divides and a bad atmosphere within their camp. What I am saying is the more praise and spotlight the Belgians get, the more Hazard and Fellaini type attitudes we will see coming out of other players.

This I can agree with, because you never know what'll happen in 2-3 years. Let's just hope it doesn't.

Lukaku is a Chelsea player. He is also only 19, 3 years younger than Benteke. 3 years is massive at that age. Lukaku is going to be a top to player and Chelsea's replacement for Drogba.

Lukaku should have been more diplomatic but then I can still see why a 19 year old Chelsea player would be telling a 22 year old international team mate playing at Aston Villa that he should be lookint to aim higher.

Linked with Inter Milan in "The People" today who suggest we are looking at Gary Hooper from Celtic. I would prefer to keep both Benteke and Weimann for next season as they work so well together but I think we will do well to have one let alone both still at the club after the summer.

Belgium have a good crop of players but they are not the 2nd best side in Europe. Germany, italy, spain and their neighbours netherlands are better. they are 5th best

Anyway benteke should stay in the team of Belgium if he keeps up his good performances.

Christian Benteke's agent admits playing for
Inter Milan would be a 'dream' for the Aston Villa striker, but he could
stay with the Premier League side.

The Belgian forward has been
in fine form since his £7million switch from Genk last summer, netting
17 times for Paul Lambert's side.

While the 22-year-old could stay if Villa remain in the Premier
League, agent Eris Kismet admits if a big club like Inter were to make
an offer, they would evaluate it.

He told interlive.it: "I have had no contacts with Inter
personally and I don't know if the two clubs have spoken about him.
Certainly Inter is one of those clubs where Christian dreams of playing.

"A move in the summer? In football everything is possible if the three parties find a solution that makes everyone happy.

"Benteke has a good relationship with the manager Paul Lambert and if
Aston Villa will remain in the Premier League he could stay, since he
is fine with the club and with the fans.

"But if a big club like Inter were to make an offer, we'll evaluate it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8599815

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Â