stay with the Premier League side.

The Belgian forward has been

in fine form since his £7million switch from Genk last summer, netting

17 times for Paul Lambert's side.

While the 22-year-old could stay if Villa remain in the Premier

League, agent Eris Kismet admits if a big club like Inter were to make

an offer, they would evaluate it.

He told interlive.it: "I have had no contacts with Inter

personally and I don't know if the two clubs have spoken about him.

Certainly Inter is one of those clubs where Christian dreams of playing.

"A move in the summer? In football everything is possible if the three parties find a solution that makes everyone happy.

"Benteke has a good relationship with the manager Paul Lambert and if

Aston Villa will remain in the Premier League he could stay, since he

is fine with the club and with the fans.

"But if a big club like Inter were to make an offer, we'll evaluate it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8599815

Reading the above, if i were Benteke, i think i mght be looking for a new agent. One that has my future at heart and not one trying to make a quick buck from my success.

So what do people think his transfer value should be set at ? I've heard £14m touted about which I think is too low to be honest for a 21 year old with his goal record this season, 16 for us 2 for Genk, 2 for Belgium. And he's got 3.5 years left on his villa contract?

At least he says that Benteke is happy with us and has a good relationship with Lambert, which is obviously vital to him staying. 

@CI

I think we'd be asking for at least £20m, anything less and we'd be getting robbed. Of course it all depends on Lerner and shitface.

If we stay in the Permiership, I would be very worried if we sold him in the summer. This simply being because of the fee involved. I dont think any club would offer us a figure that will match the importance he holds in our team. Given his importance to our team, his age and potential, I would value him somewhere between 14-16m. Some may look at that and say it is laughable, but in my opinion, that's because he is crucial to us. I wonder whether another team would pay that?

I can see a situation where a club bigger than ours offers 10m and the world expects us to accept, we don't and then we get branded as stubborn and trying to hold onto a player which consequently makes him unhappy and its lose lose.

IMO I think he will stay but at the same time I think he will want to go as the interest in him grows.

Most of the big clubs are looking at him its his first season in the prem, and rightly so getting the attention for scoring goals and being a good forward player.

However, I think most if not all the big clubs will give it another season, the second season syndrome, look at Grant Holt last season everyone looked at him now, zero interest.

If Benteke has another season like this next year and a good world cup then he is definitely off. The big clubs will probably test the water this summer but next summer will be the real one.

IMO I think he will stay but at the same time I think he will want to go as the interest in him grows.

Most of the big clubs are looking at him its his first season in the prem, and rightly so getting the attention for scoring goals and being a good forward player.

However, I think most if not all the big clubs will give it another season, the second season syndrome, look at Grant Holt last season everyone looked at him now, zero interest.

If Benteke has another season like this next year and a good world cup then he is definitely off. The big clubs will probably test the water this summer but next summer will be the real one.

I think so much has been said about allowing Lambert to build his own side with fresh, young and hungry players, we simply can not sell either him or Weimann, because it just does the opposite. Relegation puts things in a different light, but these are the foundation stones.

Stay up and sell either, then when know exactly where Lerner sees us and what little ambition we have.

You build around players like those, not sell at the earliest opportunity.

.....if he wants to go ..there is very little we can do about it.......a bit like when we brought him........

True....

But hes happy and likes it here. We just have to show him that survival is not our first priority or the next 3 years of his contract. Show him something that will have him thinking hes part of something. Let him grow with the side. Does his career and development no harm, and then when an Inter come in for him, we are quids in.

There has to be a long term stratagy here, or whats the point?

Whatever happends he won't be going to Internazionale, they are in a financial mess and will miss out on the Champions League meaning they will have to rein in their spending even more. They won't be spending £15-20 million on Benteke.

Sad state of affairs when players are linked to spurs from us. From day one that would always have been a side step. Shocking drop in status for us.

Â