Christian Benteke

Kwan

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I honestly believe if I played a full season up front for Palace I’d score at least the 2 he managed last season. 

Since the start of the 2017/18 season he has more yellow cards than goals 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hard to forget the King.

lebron james game winner GIF by SB Nation

Does LeBron still even do this? And why is Benteke still doing it 6 years(?) later? Does he just love LBJ or is there something more to it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hornso said:

Does LeBron still even do this? And why is Benteke still doing it 6 years(?) later? Does he just love LBJ or is there something more to it?

I really have no idea. Pretty sure LeBron doesn't even do it anymore. It's just a Benteke thing now :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I really have no idea. Pretty sure LeBron doesn't even do it anymore. It's just a Benteke thing now :lol:

Well hopefully we see it a few more times this season, provided it isn't against us.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bought at the bottom and sold at the top.

Agree with the first part of that, but not the second (he was still excellent for two more seasons), and in any case in football it's only good business to sell a player for any price if you can get an adequate replacement, and we didn't.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah hard to say Villa did good business by replacing him with *checks notes* Rudy Gestede.

That’s just another shit deal. In isolation we bought him low and sold him high.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s just another shit deal. In isolation we bought him low and sold him high.

Yeah I guess. It was probably more to do with luck than anything. Realistically though, it ended in our relegation and losing dozens of millions of pounds in revenue which is probably closer to our board's business acumen at the time.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Â